Not as fast as I want

Options
I started my weight loss journey last july. I workout hard. Every morning and from 4pm6-4 everyday Mon-Sat. Why have I only lost 13lbs. What am I doing wrong? Can I get some tips on my calories intake. What I should eat for meals throughout the day. Thanks guys

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    samakiyah wrote: »
    I started my weight loss journey last july. I workout hard. Every morning and from 4pm6-4 everyday Mon-Sat. Why have I only lost 13lbs. What am I doing wrong? Can I get some tips on my calories intake. What I should eat for meals throughout the day. Thanks guys

Assuming you started around the beginning of July, it's been about 7 weeks. So you've lost 1.8lbs/week. That's about as fast as you want to go - 2lbs/week is the fastest recommended rate of loss, anything faster is considered unhealthy and a bad idea without medical supervision.

So sounds like the only thing you're doing wrong is having unrealistic expectations!
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The best tips I can offer: Log everything you eat. Everything. And buy a food scale. It's amazing how often we don't log food correctly because we honestly don't know the amount we're actually eating.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    It sounds like the main tips you need are to be more realistic and patient.
  • Samakiyah
    Samakiyah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes I did start at the beginning of July. I'm very active on instar am and some persons um following lose as much 4
  • Samakiyah
    Options
    Thank u for the advice.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yes I did start at the beginning of July. I'm very active on instar am and some persons um following lose as much 4

Weekly losses won't be the same for everyone. People that are closer to goal will lose slower.......

Pound per week goals
    75+ lbs set to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs set to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs set to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs set to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs set to lose 0.5 lbs range

Besides, healthy weight loss means a lower body fat percentage. If people are overly aggressive they can lose a good portion of lean muscle too.
  • Samakiyah
    Options
    That's why I joined this group for advice. I just read it's wise to lose about 1.5lbs a week, never knew that before. I set high goals without knowledge
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

They're either lying, in the first couple weeks of weight loss (when we tend to lose water weight quickly), very overweight to begin with, or undereating/overexercising to the point that they are likely to be depriving their bodies of essential nutrients.

If you are very overweight, it can be possible/safe to lose more than a couple of pounds per week, but if you don't have tons of weight to lose (and judging by your photo it doesn't look like you are someone like that with 100+lbs to go), then the rate you're losing at is great and actually fairly aggressive. You're doing well, don't worry about what other people are saying/doing.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    That's why I joined this group for advice. I just read it's wise to lose about 1.5lbs a week, never knew that before. I set high goals without knowledge
    Not knowing isn't that big of a deal as long as you want to learn more. I think it's pretty common for people to be too aggressive when they start.

It sounds like you're off to a good start, though.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Thirteen pounds is fantastic! That's a LOT to lose in a short period!

Weight loss takes time. You have to be patient. Stick with it and it will come off! :)
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Not knowing isn't that big of a deal as long as you want to learn more. I think it's pretty common for people to be too aggressive when they start.

^^^THIS^^^

PS: nothing ever comes as fast as I expect except bills in the mail...

• Samakiyah
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Weekly losses won't be the same for everyone. People that are closer to goal will lose slower.......

Pound per week goals
    75+ lbs set to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs set to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs set to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs

I'm not overweight (that bad) I'm 5th 4" short...weight 206 started at 219
  • Samakiyah
    Options

^^^THIS^^^

Thanks. I think I am too aggressive in my journey
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

^^^THIS^^^

Thanks. I think I am too aggressive in my journey

Congrats on your weight loss. <3 Be patient with yourself.