Grilled chicken Question- quantity

Options
We marinate chicken with either a store bought lawry's or I also make my own with oil and vinegar and spices. We use for our lunches during the week, in a salad full of veggies. I like A LOT of chicken in mine. Do I need to worry about it?

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Worry about what exactly? The amount you put into your salad? If so, then yes. You should at least be weighing the amount of chicken you put into the salad to be sure it fits into your daily calorie goal.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Please quantify "A LOT." 4 ounces of chicken breast in a salad is the right amount for me. YMMV.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much chicken is "A LOT".
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I doubt you need to worry about it, but as noted above, it really depends on what you mean by "A LOT".
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a break from logging. I just have a lot of other stressors in my life right now, and also I logged for 2 years and feel pretty confident about eye-balling it. I guess it's probably about 4 ounces, maybe 5. That amount fills me up good.
    I guess I just want to know if it really matters that much about the portion or if I'm just trying to eat healthy not to sweat it. (I do need to lose weight, but I'm too overwhelmed and have an injury so I can't really exercise).
    I know, I used weigh and measure and plan everything. Guess I'm back to being a noob lol.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    staceypunk wrote: »
    I'm taking a break from logging. I just have a lot of other stressors in my life right now, and also I logged for 2 years and feel pretty confident about eye-balling it. I guess it's probably about 4 ounces, maybe 5. That amount fills me up good.
    I guess I just want to know if it really matters that much about the portion or if I'm just trying to eat healthy not to sweat it. (I do need to lose weight, but I'm too overwhelmed and have an injury so I can't really exercise).
    I know, I used weigh and measure and plan everything. Guess I'm back to being a noob lol.

I don't weigh either and I'm losing weight. Weighing is just a tool, not a requirement. 5-6 oz sounds like a lot to me. But not because it sounds dangerous, it's just more than I'd enjoy at one meal.

Basically, if you aren't overeating and you are getting enough other foods to meet your nutritional needs, you're likely fine. Enjoy your chicken salad.