Not working out. and still losing the weight..

Options
2»

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Has there been any success with people NOT working out and still losing weight..I know that what you eat is the biggest contribution to weight loss so i would like to see if anyone has lost some weight with little to no exercise.. .
    I started out by changing my eating habits, drinking more water...did that for awhile, I didn't feel ready to toss in the excercise yet, to self conscience, thought only cute skinny girls were able to workout at the gyms... I was not self confident at all when I started out...I had lost all that as I had gained lbs.

Yes you CAN definitely lose weight without excercising and if that's how a person needs to start out to start somewhere...so be it:drinker: :happy:

But once I pushed forward to begin excercising I thought I'd died and gone to heaven...it's was wonderful feeling each day knowing I was beginning an excercise program once again. Easy? NO WAY! But I can look back now to last year and sorta laugh at how very far I've come fitness wise, self confidence wise, I never worry what someone at the gym thinks about me now.

I'm a total gym rat and I LOVE WORKING OUT!! and OH the FRIENDS I've MADE!!:smooched: They are the best!!

I loved it the very first time, it does get easier as a person loses and gets more in shape cardio wise...

Just sharing what's worked for me:drinker:
    :heart: FC
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat, and your muscles tend to waste away when not using them. So you may get "skinny", but have no tone or other benefits exersing does for you.

A pound is a pound whether its fat, feathers, muscle...whatever it is its a pound. Of course you would rather have a pound of muscle than a pound of fat, but its still a pound.:wink:
  • kylie541
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat, and your muscles tend to waste away when not using them. So you may get "skinny", but have no tone or other benefits exersing does for you.

A pound is a pound whether its fat, feathers, muscle...whatever it is its a pound. Of course you would rather have a pound of muscle than a pound of fat, but its still a pound.:wink:

Muscle is heavier, of course a pound of each is the same but they would be a smaller quantity if that makes sense. Sort of like a pound of feathers would be a huge amount compared to a pound of brick.
    I've lost 34 pounds without exercise.
  • kylie541
    Options

Muscle is heavier, of course a pound of each is the same but they would be a smaller quantity if that makes sense. Sort of like a pound of feathers would be a huge amount compared to a pound of brick.
    I've lost 34 pounds without exercise.
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    If you aren't doing any strength exercising, you can actually lose muscle while dieting also. This sucks because the more muscle you have, you burn more calories than if you didn't. Which means you lose weight easier.

Yes, this is the point I wanted to make :smile: -- you CAN lose weight without exercising, but you CAN'T do it without losing muscle as well as fat. This will lower your metabolism, which makes it harder and harder to lose weight with each new attempt, and easier to gain the fat back afterward. I prefer to say "lose fat" to "lose weight" because you WANT to gain muscle weight. Muscle takes up less space than fat and burns more calories, so it's good weight. Strength training is a must -- for me anyway.
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    I exercise now, but for several months before the holiday I skipped the gym. Oddly enough with just dieting I jump started my weight loss after a long stall.

But I feel so much better about myself and my body when I exercise. :tongue:
  • eyda
    eyda Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I dont have time to exercise, especially on weekdays. So what i do is i'll walk as much as i can on my way to office, during lunch and after office,on my way back home, and i'll climb stairs instead of taking lif. I know that is not enuff but in my case,that's better then nothing. :ohwell: