HELP! 64lb down

Options
I am 64lb down, but only 23lb down since I started the Biggest Loser Challenge at work. It is based of % and skinny dude is in the lead. . .he probably lost 3 lbs.

Anyways, I need to lose about another 10lb before Monday so I can win! The first place winner gets 50% of the earnings, which totals to about $700. I need that money!

I am ready for your help and quick weight loss tips!

Replies

• acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Take the skinny dude out for beers and hamburgers this weekend?
    10 pounds in less than a week is pretty impossible, normally you should eat less and move more but in order to lose 10 pounds you would have to not eat and keep moving.
    Be happy of the progress that you've made but I don't see a healthy way to accomplish this.
  • Popsicle_Feet
    Popsicle_Feet Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Negative. Just lost 11lb since last Monday. It's baby weight so it's just falling off. I am thinking a weekend of fasting and milk of magnesium :smiley:
  • Popsicle_Feet
    Options
    acmanna wrote: »
    Take the skinny dude out for beers and hamburgers this weekend?
    10 pounds in less than a week is pretty impossible, normally you should eat less and move more but in order to lose 10 pounds you would have to not eat and keep moving.
    Be happy of the progress that you've made but I don't see a healthy way to accomplish this.

Don't be a Debbie Downer. Healthy or not it's one week and I am neededing to replace my maternity clothes with new clothes and a nice steak dinner :)

• noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You can't lose 10 pounds of fat in 5 days.

That'd require a total deficit of 10 x 3500 calories = 35,000 calories.

Which equates to a daily deficit of 7,000 calories a day.

Which is impossible :)

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Don't think it's possible, but good luck to you. You could look up the Three Day Diet, aka The Military Diet. It is very low calorie and only meant to last three days before eating normally again. It's pretty extreme but supposedly you lose a lot of water weight, etc. I think I tried it in high school and only lasted a day and a half on it. On second thought, probably not a good idea.
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You can't lose 10 pounds of fat in 5 days.

That'd require a total deficit of 10 x 3500 calories = 35,000 calories.

Which equates to a daily deficit of 7,000 calories a day.

Which is impossible :)

technically possible

I would have to stop eating and walk about 40 miles per day at a moderate pace

so maybe 13-15 hours of walking per day LOL

of course un reality if you lose 10 pound that quick it will probably be like

1-2 pounds of fat, 2-4 pounds of muscle and 4-7 pounds of water...
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If you are breastfeeding, you definitely should no do this, and if you already lost 11 pounds since Monday, I doubt you will lose another 10 till next Monday. However, I get your motives and would go for it myself. I am with acmanna, sabotage the competition and try and lose just one more pound yourself.
  • Popsicle_Feet
    Options
    ElkeKNJ wrote: »
    If you are breastfeeding, you definitely should no do this, and if you already lost 11 pounds since Monday, I doubt you will lose another 10 till next Monday. However, I get your motives and would go for it myself. I am with acmanna, sabotage the competition and try and lose just one more pound yourself.

Lol I will bring in a box of Jason's Deli desserts. No one can resist those :)