Getting started

Hi I am Lois I am new as of today. Not sure how to get started.

Replies

• CarolRead61
    CarolRead61 Posts: 1 Member
    I am new too, just reading through lots of stuff, getting my head around it
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    There is a lot of good information on the forums which should help you. The big thing is to fill in your daily food diary to keep track of your calorie intake. This will let you make sure you are eating at a deficit but still taking in enough to stay healthy. If you have one or two off days don't let it get you down. Just try again the next day.
  • lavgirl38
    lavgirl38 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi....I havent logged on in a year and i tend not to stick with things like this, or exercise alone. I never had any friends on my list so i thought maybe adding some friends will keep me more accountable. It doesnt hurt to try. At 40, i just continue to gain weight and it needs to stop. I want to get into the habit of walking so that one day i feel wierd NOT walking one day.

Thanks for listening.
    Sandra
  • JinaLeinbach
    JinaLeinbach Posts: 2 Member
    I got my Fitbit about 4 months ago and have also been using My Fitness Pal, free app. It has been one of the best things my husband ever bought me! I have been tracking all my calories and getting my 12,000 steps a day in. I've lost 25 lbs already! It's a great tool to have!