Going commando in the gym? Ladies help please!

Options

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    How do you know that you have panty lines whe doing squats or deadlifts? A rearview mirror? If I were worrying about such things it would mean I wasn't working hard enough!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    So I always wear normal briefs in the gym however I am so fed up of the unflattering panty lines these give you! One of the ladies in the gym mentioned going commando.. Have any of you tried this? If not What sort of underwear do you wear? Any suggestions for panty line free knickers!?

I'm not a fan of panty lines either. I tend to go commando for my AM workouts but for my after work gym sessions I'm already wearing panties for the day so I wear them. My workout bottoms are all compression type so I am comfortable either way. I think it's just a personal decision.

• williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Go the gym with no clothes on if you go to planet fitness...tell em it's a no judgement zone. They should let you work out..other gyms..idk. But planet fitness is a no judgement zone!
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    How do you know that you have panty lines whe doing squats or deadlifts? A rearview mirror? If I were worrying about such things it would mean I wasn't working hard enough!

My wife pointed it out.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You can be aware of visible underwear lines without spending your entire workout turning to look in the mirror. They're a thing and you can feel them.

Everyone has at least SOME awareness of their appearance and some concern as to how they look to other people, so I'm not sure why some see this as being way too concerned about what other people think. I don't care if someone else has underwear lines but I don't know why anyone else thinks its weird if I care about my own.
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    All of my running shorts (which I wear for pretty much every exercise but yoga) have a liner in them and I just don't wear other panties besides. It's how I've always done it so I'm not sure if it is how they were meant to be worn but it is comfy to me!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Okay. You are in the gym. You are going to be sweating. Your hair is gonna frizz and you are probably going to smell. Why on earth are you worried about panty lines?

Not everyone goes to the gym to work out hard. Maybe they go there to meet people? Maybe they want attention to boost their self-esteem. Who are you to judge?
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I skate so I wear running shorts that have the liner in them. No underwear.
  • kellyyraee
    kellyyraee Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Cammando is the Best but, Thongs if I'm going to be taking a class.
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Commando. Can't tolerate bunching.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Okay. You are in the gym.
    so? automatically it's cool to have a lumpy *kitten*???
    You are going to be sweating.
    what does this have to do with panty lines?
    Your hair is gonna frizz
    again- what does this have to do with panty lines? (for the record- no mine doesn't)
    you are probably going to smell.
    Of course I do- but again- panty lines??!?!?
    Why on earth are you worried about panty lines?
    Because it makes me *kitten* look bad and I hate when my butt looks bad. And on top of that I get one side of the underwear UP my cheek and the other one cutting me in half on my bum- so now i"m picking a wedgy from my lump looking butt.

Seriously- I don't want to think about my underwear. I want to go lift and kickbutt.

Who says I Have to be frumpy frizzy AND have a lumpy butt? You have all the right in the world to do that- but thanks no thanks- it's an easy solution to avoid- so you go right ahead- but I'll keep on looking fabulous AND working hard.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have to ask. Do most people in America use the word "panties"?
    It makes me cringe when I hear it.. That word is usually used by the most undesirable members of the community, or prison here
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    People at my gym are lazy f*ks about cleaning so I am happy about any protection I can get.

I wear boycut / boybriefs, no panty lines for me.

Also I find what helps avoid panty lines is,
    1) yeah, getting a fuller cut bottom, where the hem lines up with where your cheek ends (not above it). So that depends a little on shape, I guess, have to just try enough styles/brands to work that out.
    2) Buying the exact right size. Too loose and it'll bunch, too tight and VPL everywhere.
    3) No narrow elastic bands at the hem, that's going to pinch. A broad, flat hem lies flatter against skin.

@christinev297 - wow, no idea it had that connotation in Oz! Yup, we (Canadians & North Americans) all (including kids, grandparents) say "panties" for girls' and women's underwear.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

@christinev297 - wow, no idea it had that connotation in Oz! Yup, we (Canadians & North Americans) all (including kids, grandparents) say "panties" for girls' and women's underwear.

Ok :) Try as I might, I just can not get used to it.

• tomatoey
    Options

I think I can understand :) I couldn't get used to having to be careful about a few other words that are innocent here, but are really not in other countries, lol :)
  • Christine_72
    edited August 2015
    Options

I think I can understand :) I couldn't get used to having to be careful about a few other words that are innocent here, but are really not in other countries, lol :)

Haha there are so many

Fanny= a woman's down below anatomy

Thongs= the things you wear on your feet, flip flops

Panties, a term used by old men to young children or skeezes :disappointed:

Sorry, sorry I don't want to derail the thread :open_mouth:

• tomatoey
    Options

Haha there are so many

Fanny= a woman's down below anatomy

Thongs= the things you wear on your feet, flip flops

Panties, a term used by old men to young children or skeezes :disappointed:

Sorry, sorry I don't want to derail the thread :open_mouth:
    Lol yeah it was TOTALLY "fanny"! I had no idea there was a front one! lol
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I dress head to toe in pink Lululemon, get my hair and nails done, fake and bake and wear full makeup to the gym. No way am I ruining my swag with VPL. Commando is the only way to go.
  • hannahkingfitness
    hannahkingfitness Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love wearing thongs to the gym
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,113 Member
    Options
    I have to ask. Do most people in America use the word "panties"?
    It makes me cringe when I hear it.. That word is usually used by the most undesirable members of the community, or prison here

In North America ... that's what females wear under their pants (trousers, slacks). :)