When is it okay to wear a Bikini??

Options
So i have a weekend coming up with my 3best friends (who are all really skinny btw) at a hot springs the kind that are cement and have a pool... its about 2 weeks away and currently i only have 2 bikinis that i bought as motivation for myself my one piece stopped fitting 40lbs ago, i've got alittle gut is it okay to wear a bikini ? i know if i dont post a pic. ppl will ask for one so i suppose i might as well... Be honest but not cruel and dont fluff, should i buy a one piece or a tankini thats really cheap at walmart? or just hope the chub goes away in the next 2 weeks...or not be so critical sorry for sounding insane lol

eakjfea.jpg

Replies

• Rain2Rinse
    Options
    Are YOU comfortable in the bikini? Are you comfortable in your skin when you're wearing it? Honestly, that is all that matters. I think you look fine. Sure, you could tone up. But, couldn't we all? Keep doing what you're doing for the next two weeks and then wear the bikini!!!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    You look fine, I would gawk at the beach~!
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    You are good to go my friend. Enjoy!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    If I can wear a 1 piece in public you can definately rock a bikini!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Are YOU comfortable in the bikini? Are you comfortable in your skin when you're wearing it? Honestly, that is all that matters. I think you look fine. Sure, you could tone up. But, couldn't we all? Keep doing what you're doing for the next two weeks and then wear the bikini!!!

What she said! =)
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I am at work so the pic doesn't show up here...but either way my advice would be if YOU feel comfortable then wear it 100%. There is no sense in buying a new suit if you have a bikini you want to wear and feel confident in :) If you rock a smile and confidence any flaws that you may see won't be seen by others they will just be wowed by your confidence and cute bikini :)

and just food for thought...i was about your height and weight not long ago and i wore a bikini :)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Its all about if you are comfortable. I am only speaking for myself and I am so self concious I couldn't pull it off I would wear a pair of shorts but that's me and BY NO MEANS am I saying you should. I think your doing an amazing job.
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    I agree if you feel comfortable in your bikini then wear it! What others think is irrelevant to how you feel!?
    I think you look fine to! Plus other than your friends who know you and love you, there's not going to be anyone there that really matters anyway!
    I personally think you should wear it!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I lean toward saying wear what YOU'RE comfortable with, forget everyone else. That being said, I cringe every time I see someone in a bikini that just really shouldn't be wearing one. I think you look great. But if you'd feel more comfortable, maybe get one of those full coverage bottoms or something. Basically pick a suit that accentuates what you love about your body while camoflauging what you don't love so much. and HAVE FUN! If you're going to stress about whether you should be wearing a bikini or not, perhaps it's best not to so that you can just enjoy yourself.
  • Lshizz
    Lshizz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If you're comfortable, then you'll rock it...if you're not, then people will pick up on that. I personally don't feel comfortable enough yet to rock a bikini in super public...but at home I'll lay out in one. When I go out w/ people I usually go tankini...kind of lame, but I feel much less self conscious. But if you're not that way, then do it girl!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options

What she said! =)

Yep! You look great, but how you FEEL is most important!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I think it looks fine. As long as you are comfortable with yourself no one else should matter! Believe me I see people who have no buis wearing a bikini....but they do because they are confident. If you are confident that's all that matters!
  • KStaff87
    KStaff87 Posts: 36
    Options

I totally agree...if you are comfortable in your skin, then do you! Yes you could tone up a bit but trust me, you can walk that off...for real, I wish I had your stomach right now....that's what you call a pooch...honey i have a GUT!!! LOL! If you feel a little self conscious then where a tankini, i think those are really cute....I think you're good though because i see some women (and men) that bears it ALL when they know dog gone well they shouldn't, lol!
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Geez! I dont look as good as you and I wore one one my recent vacation!! I say as long as you're comfortable... GO FOR IT!!
  • syates83
    syates83 Posts: 87
    Options
    I think you are really close! But, honestly...no I don't think that particular cut of a bikini looks good. The bottoms are too itty-bitty. Does that makes sense? If it had a wider hip, I think it would balance your mid-section a lot more.

Keep up the awesome job you are doing!
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    I'd recommend you get bottoms that are more flattering, something that comes up higher (not much) but it will cover the bulge.

The way the bottoms are so low, it makes it show more the shape you don't want to show.

You look great, but if you are going to be self conscious because you are with skinnier friends, just try another style.

Sorry if I made you feel bad, I just wanted to be honest and belly is my problem area always and I've learned tricks to not emphasize that area.
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    I agree with the other postings, that it's all about whether you're comfortable wearing it. Although I know I wouldn't wear a bikini myself until all the pudge was gone, but as far as I have to go I'll probably never be wearing a bikini. So go out and have fun, be proud of what you've got!
  • MamaNae
    MamaNae Posts: 23
    Options
    Do you feel comfortable?? That is what matters!

Personally, I wouldn't...I have a bit of a Mummy Tummy that I am working my butt off to get rid of...I won't wear one until my tummy is nice and flat. If I were you (and our body shapes are remarkably similar) I'd get a tankini but that is just me

You're doing AWESOME!! Keep up the good work!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me! And congrats on the losses! You will definitely get plenty of lustful looks!. If you are comfortable, I say ROCK IT!. If not, just realize you are making great progress and WILL be comfortable soon.

Have fun either way!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I myself prefer Boy Short bottoms for bikini's. That way I can sit anyway I want and I'm not constantly messing with the bottom. If you have an Old Navy near you an option is to buy just the bottom and keep that top you have there. Boy shorts are still sexy, but you will not have to constantly be fussing with the bottom! That way it's an inexpensive solution and you don't have to stress about spot reducing an area that can't be spot reduced (you can't just burn fat from one trouble spot unfortunately, it takes time and overall loss). But many of us women (me included) store our fat in our belly area. For me it's all the women in my family!

Also, another option of a bottom is little surf shorts. I got some of those this year at Land's End Canvas (think: a cheaper JCrew) and they sell that line at Sears now.

Lastly, you can keep the bikini as is and get a cute cover-up at Old Navy that will make you feel sexy and confident. Because honestly if you're asking us you are not 100% comfortable in that bathing suit. There's many inexpensive solutions that you can buy (cover up, boy shorts) to be on the beach having fun and not obsessing about the bottom of that bathing suit!!!