IIFYM

Options
Anyone else following IIFYM? I'm just starting out and need friends with open diaries! Please and thank you!

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I follow IIFYM and my diary is open to friends. I sent you a friend request... Please don't judge my last couple days... I ate A LOT of pizza.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    im also doing TDEE method. my diary is open
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am doing TDEE and I follow IIFYM - most of my meals are pretty much the same, and my cheat meals are usually more of structured refeeds...plus oreos :D
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I am doing TDEE and I follow IIFYM - most of my meals are pretty much the same, and my cheat meals are usually more of structured refeeds...plus oreos :D

What's the point of a cheat meal if you follow IIFYM? :huh:

Am I missing the point or something?
  • harlequin0318
    edited August 2015
    Options

like I said, its sort of a structured refeed. I can't follow IIFYM completely or else I would be hangry :# all day. So in my own view of things I follow iifym - but in an 80/20 fashion. To each their own
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options

like I said, its sort of a structured refeed. I can't follow IIFYM completely or else I would be hangry :# all day. So in my own view of things I follow iifym - but in an 80/20 fashion. To each their own

This isn't really making sense to me but ok.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Me neither.

IIFYM is as a 'diet' like periodization training is a workout routine .....to quote Dr Layne Norton
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options

Me neither.

IIFYM is as a 'diet' like periodization training is a workout routine .....to quote Dr Layne Norton

Ya.. if you're getting hangry (hungry + angry??) whilst IIFYMing... then you're doing something wrong lol.

The whole point of IIFYM is to prevent that. There is no 80/20 with IIFYM - it's 100% your diet... lol mfp logic right.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    CazDeLaz wrote: »
    Anyone else following IIFYM? I'm just starting out and need friends with open diaries! Please and thank you!
    I enjoy the notion of IIFIYM up to a point.
    It gives me flexibility to eat that twinkie smeared in jelly and wrapped with bacon.
    >:)
    Sometimes I just want to eat bad only to have something fabulous, junkie and - well, fabulous!
    What we don't escape is the reality that empty calories do not add to our health or wellness.
    If it fits in my macros, I am not harmed too much, but it is not really helping.
    There is a limit to how many twinkie wraps I can eat without my goals inhibited - even if it still fits in my macros.
    Nutritionally dense foods are better - yada yada yada - everybody knows this.
    My issue is without my occasional twinkie wrap, I'll crave junkie foods and eventually fail altogether.

• brimin101
    brimin101 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary and eat what I want, feel free to take a look, it's open to friends only.
  • harlequin0318
    edited August 2015
    Options

Me neither.

Ya.. if you're getting hangry (hungry + angry??) whilst IIFYMing... then you're doing something wrong lol.

The whole point of IIFYM is to prevent that. There is no 80/20 with IIFYM - it's 100% your diet... lol mfp logic right.

Then I guess I shouldn't categorize myself into the IIFYM lifestyle - I eat for volume, and I eat oreos and pizza when I want to.
    there are some that follow iifym and eat calorie dense items all day - peanut butter, cookies, ice cream, bacon
    and there are some that don't...am I missing something?

Sorry for jacking your thread Caz :#

Edit: Post is not meant to sound mean - I am very open to learning and clearing up any misconceptions :)
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I kinda follow iifym. But im about only 70% accurate as i eat out often and only weigh my food when i eat home and when my parents dont cook. Other than that, i just guesstimate. :)