Belly Fat!!!

Options
My goal is to trim my waist size but it's so hard with all this belly fat! I know it's not much but what's the proper way to get rid of it? Diet/Excercise tips please & thank you:)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Consistent moderate calorie deficit and patience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Agreed. I do a lot of core workouts. Running is probably one of my favorite things to do
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    heymerkz wrote: »
    My goal is to trim my waist size but it's so hard with all this belly fat! I know it's not much but what's the proper way to get rid of it? Diet/Excercise tips please & thank you:)

You can't spot reduce. Just do this:

• sayeda313
    sayeda313 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you want to burn belly fat then running is your best friend!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    sayeda313 wrote: »

No, it's really not

I mean there's nothing wrong with running if you like that kind of thing...great cardiovascular workout, good calorie burn

But body fat comes off where if will from a defecit. There is no targeting exercise, there is no quick fix. For many, not me, it's the last place it comes off

That's just what happens
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Not so. One could run as much as they want, but if calorie deficit isn't implemented, nothing will happen with the exception of better cardio fitness.
    Running burns calories. It helps with a calorie deficit. But running doesn't target the fat on the belly only. The body loses fat systematically.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Msmerkz
    Msmerkz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I've been counting calories lately & doing light cardio. Lost 2 lbs! But I still feel big around the abdominal area. I should start doing more core workouts.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I've been counting calories lately & doing light cardio. Lost 2 lbs! But I still feel big around the abdominal area. I should start doing more core workouts.

What are you expecting to happen with a 2lb loss?

Patience

Keep going

It's always great advice to add a progressive heavy lifting programme to any weight loss and maintenance (and weight gain) programme
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    prepare yourself for a looooooooong wait until your belly fat goes away. and what people have said above about calorie deficits and heavy lifting.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Doing more core workouts will increase strength and endurance in the muscle, but it's not going to reduce the circumference. You can't spot reduce any area of the body with exercise.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Msmerkz
    Msmerkz Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Lol! Yeah I wasn't expecting much with 2lbs. But being 5ft I felt a tad bit smaller. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking. lol! I'll definitely add weights next time! Patience is key! Thanks!
  • hohey
    hohey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Google kettle bell, buy one and believe all the hype about it. Get a good DVD, its one of the best ways to lose fat.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    Lol! Yeah I wasn't expecting much with 2lbs. But being 5ft I felt a tad bit smaller. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking. lol! I'll definitely add weights next time! Patience is key! Thanks!

Yeah ... patience is the key.

I'm down 40 lbs and the belly fat is going, but it isn't gone yet. I've lost pretty much everywhere else. Skirts are falling off my hips, rings are falling off my fingers ... but I've still got a bit of a tummy. I figure it will probably be another 10 lbs before that's pretty much gone.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    hohey wrote: »
    Google kettle bell, buy one and believe all the hype about it. Get a good DVD, its one of the best ways to lose fat.
    Exercise isn't needed to lose fat. Fat gets lost on a calorie deficit regardless of what exercise one chooses.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• sayeda313
    sayeda313 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not so. One could run as much as they want, but if calorie deficit isn't implemented, nothing will happen with the exception of better cardio fitness.
    Running burns calories. It helps with a calorie deficit. But running doesn't target the fat on the belly only. The body loses fat systematically.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Oh right, thank you for the new info!