Breakfast Ideas???

Options
2»

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Chicken/Turkey slice in a muffin/small pie tin with scrambled eggs/or a cracked egg and maybe some bacon, cooked for 10 mins in the oven, if really extravagant, I add some cheese. I also add things like finely chopped onions, mushrooms, spices etc to vary the flavour. I normally make extras of these and bring one or two with me to eat at work, and have one in the fridge for a quick snack before dinner or the gym.

Devilled eggs with avocado, hardboil or softboil (depending on tastebuds) 3 eggs, divide lenght ways, scoop out the egg plums and mix with avocado, some finely chopped onion and scoop it all back into your 3 eggs, and have a small (optional) dollop of salsa on the side. High in proteins and natural fat and keeps the hunger away for me from 7am to 12-1pm when I have my lunch and tastes yummy and so easy to do.
  • mummafenwick16
    mummafenwick16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a bagel with cream cheese and pesto or banana bread with butter (coconut flour), scrambled eggs with ricotta and spinach or a smoothie normally
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    ldnewlady wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Here are breakfast recipes from the MFP blog, complete with a Log It button: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/category/eat/recipes/breakfast/

I did not realize MFP had this!! Thanks for posting this!! :smile:

My pleasure :)

• mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon (or sausage) and eggs anytime I can.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    uc67pql3z4sn.jpg

Those look delicious! Recipe?

Ingredients:
    4 slices center cut bacon
    8oz sliced cabbage (I use bagged coleslaw)
    4 eggs
    4 egg whites or ¾ cup liquid egg whites
    ¼ cup nonfat milk
    Salt/pepper to taste
    1-2 scallions, sliced

Method:
    Chop and crisp the bacon in a pan. Remove the bacon and cook the cabbage in the remaining bacon grease until soft – set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper. Line the bottom of a cake pan with parchment paper. Pour egg mixture into pan and add cabbage distributing evenly. Top with bacon and scallions. Bake at 400 for approx. 20 minutes until set. 144 calories per 1/4 serving.

The BLT frittata is the exact same recipe, but I swap out the cabbage for 3 oz of baby spinach, 60 grams (if I remember correctly) of sliced grape tomatoes instead of scallions - 132 calories per 1/4 serving.

You can really use the base recipe and add in any combo of meat, cheese and veggies. :)

bump..... YUM ! thanks !
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Thank you Queenmunchy (love your name) - I will also be trying your frittata recipes!

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    OP, after you try one of these dishes or something simliar, get back to us to let us know how it went. ;)
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Chicken/Turkey slice in a muffin/small pie tin with scrambled eggs/or a cracked egg and maybe some bacon, cooked for 10 mins in the oven, if really extravagant, I add some cheese. I also add things like finely chopped onions, mushrooms, spices etc to vary the flavour. I normally make extras of these and bring one or two with me to eat at work, and have one in the fridge for a quick snack before dinner or the gym.

These sound useful! Do these stay together easily? Do you cook the scrambled egg before the oven stage or let it cook in the oven?
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Scrambled eggs I usually do with bacon if I want them to stay together and take with me for lunch etc, otherwise, with a cracked egg they do stay together, lovely with jalapeno's and some crumbled feta cheese. I found below some other recipes for breakfast muffins/quiches that I think I will try too, think they will also work great with a salad for lunch

http://www.slenderkitchen.com/quiche-cupcakes/

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/mini-spinach-and-mushroom-quiche-recipe.html
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This morning I had two slices of toast with jam and 2 boiled eggs. I usually hve fried or scrambled but I needed a new frying pan so boiled today.
    I'm intrigued about the idea of eating dinner foods for breakfast like someone posted above. Do anymore people do this?