N.O. XPLODE reviews??

Options
Has anyone tried NO Xplode 30 before and if so what's your opinion? I know it's usually used for weights which I am doing but I was wondering if anyone has used it before running/sprinting and if it helped.
Thanks

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I think it'd be ok if you took 1 scoop.

Caffeine can raise your heart rate and having an elevated from cardio might not be a good mix, I'm not sure.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    The only difference i can see is Beta-alanine, L-arginine and Betaine, which are commong for pre workouts.

The main ingredients are creatine which mostly benefits lifting and 150mg of caffeine which is 1.5 cups of coffee. Whilst these are valuable ingredients id say you cna get them from other sources. Not sure it would give you the boost you are looking for. How far are you running?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It sounds like an anti-diarrhea medication. That's all I got.
  • gemmi33
    gemmi33 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    The only difference i can see is Beta-alanine, L-arginine and Betaine, which are commong for pre workouts.

The main ingredients are creatine which mostly benefits lifting and 150mg of caffeine which is 1.5 cups of coffee. Whilst these are valuable ingredients id say you cna get them from other sources. Not sure it would give you the boost you are looking for. How far are you running?

I'm training for the beep test so it's not distance just speed really, I'm doing HIIT so was hoping it my give me a boost
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i just drink coffee before i run
  • gemmi33
    Options

Do you think it gives you a boost?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    It sounds like an anti-diarrhea medication. That's all I got.

That's what I thought from reading the title lol !
  • barthel2387
    barthel2387 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    if you take pre workout then go do hit, your heart will probably explode.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    You can buy just nitric oxide off amazon

It is great stuff

Good for your circulatory system. Read up on it

It helps as an arterial anti inflammatory and reduces plaque buildup

Some tout it like snake oil but it is a vasodilation supplement that actually works

I pop 2 before long bike rides along with carbs and electrolytes.

I'm all about cardio health though. My resting heart rate is normally in the 50's.

Read up on it

I would not get it with creatine added.
  • 999tigger
    Options
    gemmi33 wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »

I'm training for the beep test so it's not distance just speed really, I'm doing HIIT so was hoping it my give me a boost

Oh I remember. Are you keeping up with it as suggested? Are you improving? The suggestions from last time was to try doing the test twice a day i.e replicating the actual test.

I dont think that pre workout will give you any noticebale boost for the test that a cup of coffee wont give you. The other ingredients are more targeted at people who lift. Caffeine kind of perks you up and helps you focus, but you cna get 150mg from 1.5 cups of coffee. It works but dont go over 400mg a day.

If you are practicisng, are hydrated, have eaten properly c1.5hrs to 30 mins before complex carbs- simple carbs i.e a banana as well as hydrated then thats about as good as you are going to get. You will build endurance and speed up through practice and not from a pre workout.

This article was pretty good. You cnat avoid having to put the practice in if you wnat to improve. If you havent been practicing since last time you asked then thats down to you.

http://www.5-a-side.com/fitness/8-simple-tips-to-improve-your-beep-test-yo-yo-test-score/
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options

Do you think it gives you a boost?

for me yes it does, i also add a teaspoon of honey to it for a bit of a carb boost

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I think it'd be ok if you took 1 scoop.

Caffeine can raise your heart rate and having an elevated from cardio might not be a good mix, I'm not sure.

The container states to NOT start out with an entire scoop. OP - try a half scoop and see how you feel. I use it every morning and have for a few years; I only do a half scoop and it sometimes gives me a grumbly tummy.
  • 999tigger
    Options
    How will creatine help give her the boost for a beep test? She isnt lifting.
    There are some pre workouts for endurance runners OP but I dount you are working hard or long enough to need the benefits. If you wnat to improve on your beeptest its going to take application and practice to build up endurance.
  • gemmi33
    Options
    Thank you all for your tips and input, I really appreciate all of your comments. I am lifting as well as training for the beep test, I'm not trying to find a quick fix as I know I have to put to work in to get results. I was just wondering if a pre workout powder would help. I do try to train everyday but I work 12 hrs a day with a 1 hour 40 journey each side of my shift so to with out twice a day isn't an option. But I will read the article and keep on pushing myself.

Thanks again :-)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    It's like any pre-workout. Start at the minimum and work your way up. Once you're used to it, you'll need to switch to something else for a while.

This is honestly the first place I've ever heard that it's "just for weights". I used it for training of all different types; Running, basketball, hockey, football, etc....
  • gemmi33
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    It's like any pre-workout. Start at the minimum and work your way up. Once you're used to it, you'll need to switch to something else for a while.

This is honestly the first place I've ever heard that it's "just for weights". I used it for training of all different types; Running, basketball, hockey, football, etc....

Well I've ordered a tub so I'm going to give it a try.... If I don't like it then I'll stop using it. :-)
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have used it before for a boost. I would even take half a scoop and it gave me the boost I need.
  • gemmi33
    Options
    Just a quick update, I tried this yesterday using one scoop! And have to say it isn't for me at all and won't be using it again. Initially I felt a bit energetic but my whole body began to tingle and then I felt sick and a bit out of it. This lasted about 4 hours. It may be that I'm just sensitive to caffeine but not a feeling that I liked.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update, I tried this yesterday using one scoop! And have to say it isn't for me at all and won't be using it again. Initially I felt a bit energetic but my whole body began to tingle and then I felt sick and a bit out of it. This lasted about 4 hours. It may be that I'm just sensitive to caffeine but not a feeling that I liked.

The tingling is the beta-alanine lol.
  • 999tigger
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

The OP was asking about the beep test which is progressive cardio.
    The one she was looking at was principally caffeine and creatine. The caffeine she can get from many sources and a lo cheaper. The creatine mainly helps lifting weights and not endurance or cardio.
    There are other pre workouts for endurance I imagine they have caffeine in them along with carbs for energy, soemthing like maltodextrin as well as amino acids for fatigue and recovery.

So instead of NO Xlpode maybe something like amino x product would be more suited, but even thats for endurance and recovery. If you are doing short workouts then it might not be an issue.

There are so many products and pre workouts that its good to understand what the basic ingredients are and how they might work instead of falling for the marketing.