What do you struggle to eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on seafood. I make an effort to work it into my diet occasionally but it's not something I really enjoy... unless it's batter dipped and deep fried and I don't do that anymore.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I struggle to eat boring and poorly made food.
    If you have something unusual to offer me that was made with passion and zest, I say bring it on!
  • ForestFairy022
    ForestFairy022 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Vegetables. I usually drown them in sauce to make them palatable. Or mash them like baby food. And I still hate them. But they are easier to eat that way.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Fruits/Vegetables. I have improved on this, but I am picky and only like certain fruits/vegetables. Mostly it is a texture thing, I am trying to expand my palate though.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I struggle to get enough fiber from any source. 25g is actually a lot when you're averaging <1450 calories / day, and worse trying not to cook multiple meals and living with people who are actively against vegetables.
  • lalahos
    lalahos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Protein for me as well. I'm allergic to eggs so I can't have them often and I don't like meat unless it's attached to a day's worth of fat and carbs. I tolerate chicken and fish, but "tolerate" is the keyword. Not somethig I would enjoy having often. I like beans and dairy but they would need to make 100% of my diet to hit anywhere close to my preferred protein goal. Solution: I don't sweat it. I eat protein when I can and don't when I can't. Losing weight is more important than fussing and stressing over grams of of protein.

On the flip side, my diet is very rich in fiber, leafy greens, various grains and grain products, various fruits, and all kinds of vegetables cooked and raw (plus lots and lots of tomatoes).

Try adding in Greek yogurt or quinoa. They are great sources of non-meat protein.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    OK, there's one: brussel sprouts, I won't buy that again though. Even as soup, the bitter flavor persists.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I really struggle to eat enough protein too, no matter how hard I try! I guess I don't really like cooking with meat, which doesn't help, but it's still hard even when I do and no matter how many other 'high protein' foods I eat.