Healthy recipes for everyone ideas?!

Options
Heya
Am after healthy YUMMY recipes that everyone will eat (hubby to be, 6 year old and 1 year old)
nothing with too many spices in it and prefarably easy to whip together!
THANKS IN ADVANCE :smiley:

Replies

• ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I tend to make baked honey-soy chicken, parmesan greek yogurt chicken, coconut chicken tenders, lightened-up shrimp scampi, broiled haddock, taco casserole, and asian-style ground chicken quite a bit. Those are all my go-tos that are easy to make and hard to get sick of, for me anyways :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com, eatingwell.com, cookinglight.com, food.com, allrecipes.com
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Coconut chicken tenders. These sound good! Do you have a recipe @ashleypetrie4?
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    When my children were small I would take out their portions before adding more spice for my husband and I. Also things like grilled chicken nuggets or tenders can have their own dipping sauces to suit different tastes. I would pair that with steamed baby carrots which would also get dipped.
  • ashleypetrie4
    Options
    Coconut chicken tenders. These sound good! Do you have a recipe @ashleypetrie4?

Yes, they're amazing!! @chloeelizabethm

http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/01/17/coconut-crusted-chicken-tenders/

I used this recipe for the oven temp/cooking time, but I significantly reduced the calories by literally only using the chicken breast, coconut oil cooking spray, and unsweetened coconut. I just cut the chicken into strips or nuggets, spray with just a little of the cooking spray, throw that into a gallon zip-top bag with 6 tbsp of the unsweetened coconut and bake! Still so tasty and not loaded with extra calories :)
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thank you @ashleypetrie4 - I'm definitely going to be making these soon! What do you usually have them with? I'm thinking creamed corn would work...
  • ashleypetrie4
    Options
    Thank you @ashleypetrie4 - I'm definitely going to be making these soon! What do you usually have them with? I'm thinking creamed corn would work...

No problem, @chloeelizabethm !

I usually have them with broccoli or spinach and some sweet potato or brown rice, but creamed corn sounds like it would be delicious too!

I've also thrown them on top of a salad or just eat them as a snack if I need a little more protein :)