Nice cream Recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• EXNING
    EXNING Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I love making ice cream. I still make it for others.

Do you heat the bananas on the stove, mix them with eggs and put it into an ice cream maker or do you just blend it up and freeze it?

You freeze the fruit and then blend it...adding liquid if necessary.

I like the idea of renaming it "NICE Cream". Op. I hope that name catches on to distinguish it from ice cream. Its way too good to be passing itself off as a knock off of anything and its texture and taste are distinct and wonderful. Especially when made with bananas.

The term "nice cream" is very popular in the vegan and raw food community actually!
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I don't add any type of liquid at all. Just the frozen bananas with a little cinnamon and maybe a bit of vanilla extract. That's my standard recipe.

I occasionally will experiment and make a different flavor. I have added grated fresh ginger and coconut cream....that was excellent...I went pretty heavy on the ginger since I love it! This was excellent.

I have also added some raspberries and unsweetened cocoa powder. I tried peanut butter and cinnamon. Probably some others I am forgetting...it is hard to make this taste bad. LOL!
  • tillthefitladysings
    tillthefitladysings Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @moiaussi93 Maybe my blender isn't powerful enough, it's fairly standard, but there's no way I could do it without a liquid. That sounds very yummy!
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    @moiaussi93 Maybe my blender isn't powerful enough, it's fairly standard, but there's no way I could do it without a liquid. That sounds very yummy!

@tillthefitladysings I worry that I may kill my cheap little blender doing this, but it has held up so far even though it seems to work hard to do it. I do slice the bananas into pretty small slices though. I think that makes it a little easier. Big frozen chunks would probably be impossible for mine.

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

You cannot do this properly with a blender unless it is one that can process ice. You can use a food processor though. Even the cheapest one (which I have ;) ) can handle frozen bananas fine with no liquid added.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I don't use liquid either, just the frozen bananas and toppings - the food processor works great for that. I have a little mini one that's perfect.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

You cannot do this properly with a blender unless it is one that can process ice. You can use a food processor though. Even the cheapest one (which I have ;) ) can handle frozen bananas fine with no liquid added.

I use my food processor instead of my blender because it's easier to wash ;)

• whit3m0nk3y
    whit3m0nk3y Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been trying the nice cream thing for a couple months now. I usually try to make a few batches at time. My big issue is trying to find a way to keep a creamy consistency. I usually throw it in the microwave to defrost a little, which always feels kinda counter productive. Protein powder and peanut butter have been a staple ingredients.
  • EXNING
    EXNING Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been trying the nice cream thing for a couple months now. I usually try to make a few batches at time. My big issue is trying to find a way to keep a creamy consistency. I usually throw it in the microwave to defrost a little, which always feels kinda counter productive. Protein powder and peanut butter have been a staple ingredients.

Make sure the bananas are browned before storing them in the freezer. Ive noticed it makes a big difference