Any Ideas for Ground Beef??

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    diontre840 wrote: »
    I use ground beef probably at least 2 times a week. I either make burgers which are grilled. I am wondering are there any other ideas or recipes to make lunch or dinner with ground beef rather than just burgers.
    I just throw in a pan, cook it and then add 6 eggs scrambled and cook till the eggs are done. Then eat it with ketchup.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I use ground beef probably at least 2 times a week. I either make burgers which are grilled. I am wondering are there any other ideas or recipes to make lunch or dinner with ground beef rather than just burgers.
    I just throw in a pan, cook it and then add 6 eggs scrambled and cook till the eggs are done. Then eat it with ketchup.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This would be good with sriracha instead of ketchup.... and maybe some cheese. I've got some onion and garlic gouda that would be fabulous with it.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Beef burritos with sour cream and cheddar cheese.
    IF you are trying to gain weight.

Sounds delicious...and can be eaten in moderation even if you are trying to lose weight. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Mmmmm.......
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This would be good with sriracha instead of ketchup.... and maybe some cheese. I've got some onion and garlic gouda that would be fabulous with it.
    Dang, I should have thought of sriacha. Okay I'm down!!!!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I know what I'm doing with some of my ground turkey later this week.... Mmmm sriracha. NOMNOMNOM!
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I got a thing about hot savoury mince w mixed veg on wholegrain toast, flavoured with Worcestershire sauce, onions and whatever else is in my pantry to give it a good flavour, yum.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Meatballs.
    Albondigas soup.
    Manwich.
    Picadillo.
    Empanadas.
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I cook up a massive pot of mince with chopped up veg (carrot, zucchinni, mushrooms, whatever), chilli, tinned tomatoes a splash of wine and lots of herbs. Then I use it for all sorts of things from pasta sauce, to meat with rice, to pies, to meat on bread, tacos, nachos, (just add more chilli and some beans for those last 2)... lasagne - diet version with no bechamel and wholemeal pasta sheets. very versatile!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    coco_bee wrote: »

I've bookmarked that. I have a reduced calorie crock pot meatloaf recipe I like. It would be good with the Asian seasonings instead of the savory seasonings I usually use. Thanks!

• BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    meatloaf, lasagna, spaghetti with meat sauce, tacos, taco junk, cabbage rolls, unstuffed cabbage, meatballs, chili, taco salad
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is your friend.

Taco salad!!!
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Call me a weirdy but, I stumbled upon this recipe in a book I found at the thrift store. The recipe seemed strange because you stuff the meatballs with banana chunks. But they have become a regular made thing in my house. I found the recipe online, so I didn't have to type it out. They are yum. http://ifood.tv/burger/185166-banana-burger-wrapups
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Pepper Soup (Cooking Light)

1/2 pound ground round
    2 cups chopped green bell pepper
    1 cup chopped onion
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 (14-ounce) can less-sodium beef broth
    1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
    1 1/2 cups hot cooked white rice

Heat a small Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add chopped green bell pepper and onion; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in black pepper, less-sodium beef broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato soup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes.
    Spoon 1/4 cup hot cooked white rice into each of 6 bowls; top with 1 cup soup.

*Variations: for tomato soup I use Amy's or Progresso - Campbell's too sweet (IMO). I also like to add some basil. You can use brown rice. Red & green pepper combo is nice.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Stuffed peppers, shepherd's pie, tacos, meatloaf, chili, meat sauce, lasagna...
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Beef burritos with sour cream and cheddar cheese.
    IF you are trying to gain weight.

There's no way you're real. Cut it out or get funnier.

OP, I'm a big fan of massive pots of chili--it's a great way to hit your protein and fiber macros. Shepherd's pie and enchiladas are the two other common ways I cook it.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Pinterest is your friend.

Taco salad!!!

I forgot about taco salad! Mostly because I usually use turkey when I do it (I think it tastes better than beef with taco seasoning).
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Zucchini boats. Cut zucchini lengthwise, hollow out the inside. Grill the zucchini, stuff with hot browned ground beef, sauce and mozzarella cheese. Throw back on the grill until the cheese is melted on top