Thirsty or not thirsty?

Options
I know that everyone should drink at least 8 cups of water throughout day. When I am not thirsty and I know I am not getting enough water, I had to force myself to drink water to make sure I have 8 cups of water a day. Dont have problem with it, but happen to noticed that when I am NOT thirsty I forced myself to drink water.

What cause me not to be thirsty that much?? Does anyone go through same thing??

Just wondering :)

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Technically, when your body feels 'thirsty' you're already dehydrating and you should be drinking when you aren't thirsty. Low level thirst tends to translate as hunger instead. So forcing yourself to drink is the way to go until it become a habit.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I am not a very thirsty person either, but I find if I keep cold water around I'll sip it throughout the day.
  • clarehaines
    Options
    I tend to find myself in a similar boat.... Where I work on the road ( driving a lot ) I have my one cup of tea in the morning then in the evening when I get back I'll have another and that's about it.....

Or was, now I'm using the gum to exercise I'm finding I'm drinking more.

I have never drunk my 8 cups of water a day and dont think I ever will.... I'd wee all day LOL!!!
  • HealthierIn2011
    Options
    Not sure if anyone else does this... I force myself to drink at least 32 ounces of water before I eat anything in the morning. It usually takes me from the time I wake up until I get to the office. I have a pretty long commute so to keep my self entertained I drink water - huge switch for me because it used to be Diet Pepsi. I make sure to drink the same amount before lunch too. After a while it just becomes habit.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Everybody likes their fluids a different way. If I am handed ice-cold water, I can hardly drink it. I like mine room temperature. The container it is in can cause it to taste different too, and make it difficult to drink if you don't like how it tastes coming out of the container. You might find it easier to drink more if you add lemon, lime, or orange slices to the water for a little flavor (they can help filter some pollutants out of the water too!). You just have to find what works for you to help you drink more than what you are. It will be impossible to keep up if you hate what you are doing.
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Your defiantly not alone, I am the same way. I have to force myself to get to 6 cups some days. If I am cleaning the house, or outside walking or just doing something I am more likely to drink more. Before I moved south I was working as a nursing assistant in a hospital and I would drink around 10-12 glasses during an 8 hour shift! From my experience I tend to drink more when I am busy doing something then just sitting. Also the colder the water is for me the more I drink, I can chug a drink if its got ice in it. Hope this helps. :)
  • Skinnymomma11
    Options
    Thank you to everyone! It's help me feel relieved!!

Have a great day!!