I gave up diet soda

Options
I really went back and forth on if I should give up Diet Pepsi. I seriously got a lot of pleasure out of drinking it. I didn't think it was causing my weight issue, but just felt like it was a bad habit and that I was addicted. I was drinking at least 50 ounces a day. I haven't had any for a week now and I feel WONDERFUL! I've read a lot of people say they don't feel a difference but I do. I haven't had a headache this whole time and usually have them almost every day. Never thought it could have been the diet soda. I've also been making such better food choices.

Just wanted to throw that out there. I don't think diet soda is evil and I'm not saying I'll never have a sip again, - moderation is key- , however I didn't realize that it was physically making me feel so bad!

Replies

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Some people are sensitive to artificial sweeteners. Some are not.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I always felt much better when I quit it, but then I'd go back to it.

Giving it up meant many, many failures for me. I really liked the Diet Pepsi and the caffeine! I still like the Diet Pepsi. Now that it's aspertame free, I want diet Pepsi again, lol.

Good for you, doing something that makes you feel better!! :)
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I read that as "I gave up socks." I think it is nap time.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I've never liked the taste of diet soda, it always had a medicine taste; to it.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I gave it up for 4 days, had a horribly stressful day and chose Diet Pepsi over Scotch or wine. I am ok with that.But good for you!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I gave up my Diet Dr Pepper addiction. I don't think it affected my health or my weight in any way whatsoever, but it's been well over a year now. Of course now I have a coffee addiction I didn't have before. One vice or another...
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »
    I read that as "I gave up socks." I think it is nap time.

THIS!! LOL I do that all the time!! I have to slow it down and actually read it.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it was a positive change for you!