I CANNOT drink Water!!

Options
I swear Im trying. & today only 1 16oz bottle of water. :/
I dont feel thirsty @ all, & forcing it down makes me not want it.

Ideas?

Replies

• jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My only advice is, the more you drink, the easier it gets. And from my experience, it does help with weight loss, so don't quit!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Try buying a fun new water bottle! That always works for me when I realize I'm not drinking enough!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    yep, work out!! When I really work my body hard, I want LOTS of water and only water.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I add Crystal light to go packets to a 64 oz water bottle. 1-2 packets depending on the flavor. I don't like it really strong tasting. Also try some lemon or lime in your water. Instead of snacking, I try to satisfy m urge to "eat" with sips from the giant water bottle.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    add a little crystal light, I still consider that water.
  • MJLavaty
    MJLavaty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I drink it when I am hungry and not scheduled to eat anything (I plan my whole day in advance). Definately helps curb hunger and has made water more enjoyable. Haven't had a soda in a month now!
  • azevedo782003
    azevedo782003 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding some kind of sugar free flavoring such as crystal light or some other brand? That seems to work pretty well for me. Hope this helps.
  • kerri007
    kerri007 Posts: 123
    Options
    i just started adding crystal lite to my water and i went from drinking 3 bottles to 6-7!! they have tons of flavors
  • heathermrls
    Options
    hi. i am the same way but if i carry around a sports bottle(one with out a screw lid) with me everywhere i tend to drink a lot.
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    I used to be the same way! I'm not generally a thirsty person so it is hard for me to. I have to add flavor (like Crystal Light) and I start drinking as soon as I get up to try and get it all in.
  • shannontrevino
    shannontrevino Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Keep trying. The more you drink, the more you'll want. May take a while but you'll start to want water over anything else. It's very important to weight loss to drink water. Try with ice and maybe with a straw. Try not to drink anything else until you get used to drinking water.

I drink 12-15 servings of water a day. I carry water with me everywhere I go.

KEEP TRYING....I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT WATER IS TO ANY WEIGHT LOSS PLAN.
  • las6_30
    las6_30 Posts: 6
    Options
    Try adding some lemon juice to your water, or even that new MIO stuff... it's very very tasty and will make u super thirsty and wanting to come back for more! : )
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    My only advice is, the more you drink, the easier it gets. And from my experience, it does help with weight loss, so don't quit!

Other good advice already given - buy a new, fun water bottle (I bought a "bobble" - a water bottle with a filter in it - very cute), add something like sugar-free crystal light, or some lemon/lime/cucumber to flavor the water.

Also:
    -drink with a straw (I drink SO much more this way),
    -experiment with colder/warmer water to find the temperature you like best
    -eat lots of water-rich foods to make up for some of the lack of water: lots of fresh fruits/veggies
    -avoid high-sodium and highly processed foods that sap up your water stores

The best article I've seen about drinking water - it goes over some of the myths about water drinking, explains why water is so critical to your health, and gives some tips for getting more of it in:
    http://www.experiencelifemag.com/issues/june-2010/health-wellness/drink-to-your-health.html
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem at first, but now I drink plain water all the time. I had to start out adding those sugar free flavored drink mixes just to get myself to drink it. Over time, I got used to drinking so much that I don't really need extras any more. A lot of people might discourage you from drinking the sugar free stuff, but sometimes you need help to develop good habits. Try it and see if it helps. :drinker:
  • molyowsk
    molyowsk Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm the exact way! For me, I have to mentally remind myself to drink because I have often forgotten to drink. I just keep a plastic fiji water bottle at my desk and sip at it every 15 minutes or so. I've been doing this for a week and it seems that I can drink more and more, and it's becoming a habit, rather than a chore now. So just keep at it. :)
  • eandskp
    eandskp Posts: 54
    Options
    Hey, it will take some time if you are not used to it. I personally only like water that has had the process of reverse osmosis done to it. It tastes better- or really just tastes like nothing at all. My fav is Aquafina, Walmart's Great Value Drinking Water in a jug and Sav-A-Lot's Crystal 2-O. Trust me- I was where you were about 11 yrs ago. Now, that is pretty much the only thing I drink and can't get enough. Just try to add a bit more every day. You can do it!!
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way, but now I drink from 12-16 glasses a day. One thing I tried to make a habit was each time I would go to the restroom here at work, I would come back to my desk and chug a small 8 oz glass. When you make it smaller, it doesnt seem so bad. After a few days, I noticed I was going to the restroom A LOT which upped my water intake considerably. After a few weeks, my body adjusted to the water intake and I didnt feel the need to "go" as much, but I just craved water anyway. Not sure if that will help you, but it definitely did me. Also, it had to be cold water at first, but now I can drink any temperature and it doesnt bother me a bit.
  • Rena421
    Rena421 Posts: 31
    Options
    Add slices of lemon, lime, or mint leaves to your water. You will enjoy the taste.
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of artificial sugars (for health and taste reasons), but my husband adds Mio to his. You don't have to use much, and there are lots of flavors out there.

Me, personally? I bought a 64oz water bottle. I carry it with me everywhere...and if i get the munchies I just sip on the water. However, I'm a fan of it. Sometimes I get bored with it and want a great big, ice cold root beer! LOL
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    In additon to Crystal Light there is MIO and all of the Lifewater, Powerade, Vitamin Water products have a Zero product.

As long as it is decaf, non carbonated and no sugar my nutritionist said it's water.