Any Ideas for Ground Beef??

Options
13»

Replies

• bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Meatballs of all kinds (Italian on sub buns, Swedish, sweet and sour), tacos, taco salad, Sheppard's pie, meatloaf, cabbage rolls, "homemade" hamburger helper, the list is endless! I work in a nonprofit group home so we get creative with ground beef/chicken/turkey because it is cost effective
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    brandi712 wrote: »
    Zucchini boats. Cut zucchini lengthwise, hollow out the inside. Grill the zucchini, stuff with hot browned ground beef, sauce and mozzarella cheese. Throw back on the grill until the cheese is melted on top

I've done this with sausage. I'll have to try this.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Meatloaf and meatballs got mentions. I mix up a batch of hamburger with bread crumbs, onion, egg, and spices, and form a bunch in to meatballs that go straight in to the oven until browned. I put more in to disposable aluminum pans that go in the freezer to be made up as meatloaf. Super easy and done all in one sitting.

Those meatballs get stolen right off the tray by hubby, and can be made up several different ways. With a rich brown sauce for Swiss meatballs, or in spaghetti sauce.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Beef burritos with sour cream and cheddar cheese.
    IF you are trying to gain weight.

I could easily eat this and still lose weight...
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    KEEMA MATTAR - delicious and super filling!

Heat oil with whole cumin, cardamom, and some clove. Brown a little, then add 1 onion chopped & ginger and garlic paste. Add 1 lb ground beef, brown it, add salt, turmeric (half a tsp), red chili, ground cumin (half a tsp), and coriander powder (half a tsp). Add 2 tbsp of plain yogurt, stir it in, taste and add 1 more tbsp if needed. Add frozen peas (1/4 cup), cook a bit. Then add 3/4 cup water and cook covered on low for like 15 min till the water is almost evaporated.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    diontre840 wrote: »
    I use ground beef probably at least 2 times a week. I either make burgers which are grilled. I am wondering are there any other ideas or recipes to make lunch or dinner with ground beef rather than just burgers.

Chilli of course.

Minced beef, fry in some chopped onions. teaspoon of cinnamon, teaspoon of cumin, pepper, salt and as many chilly's as you want to add.

Fry them all up then add a tin of chopped tomatoes and some tomato puree.

Simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.

(kidney beans optional).
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I make a mean meatloaf. Or chili, tacos
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I make a mean meatloaf.

• ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yep, taco salad is almost a weekly thing. It's my "lazy" meal for the family. If you like the beef broken up like Taco Bell, add a cup of water to the meat while cooking. Stir and break up the beef until you like the size or get tired of messing with it. Drain most of the liquid, add your spices, simmer until liquid is gone.

This recipe for meatballs is in regular rotation at my house. I simmer them in the sauce (instead of baking/frying), but use a different recipe. I delete the milk/bread step and use 1:1 ratio of ground beef and ground pork. I strongly recommend using the pork and fresh parsley. The pasta can be more calories than I have, so I just ladle the sauce in a bowl on the food scale, weigh the meatballs and chow down!

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-meatballs-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-108048

This meatloaf recipe is fantastic! I think adding sage to any meatloaf will improve it's flavor, though. I use cream instead of milk and use parmesan cheese instead of bread crumbs. I don't broil it, either...we can never wait that long. If you have a free-form loaf on the sheet pan, scatter root veggies around it and cook together. The onions and gravy noted, are optional.

http://www.wcpo.com/lifestyle/food/author-clones-cheesecake-factory-recipe

I don't do low-fat. I go for big flavors and portions that fit into my calorie goal, with lots of green veg. The recipes can be adapted to anyone's preferences, though.
  • alexpl91
    alexpl91 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Save half a pound of ground beef for the next meal - freeze it and replace it with a cup of oats. Great flavour and texture, adds fiber and cuts fat!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    My mother used to make hamburger helper when I was a kid. It was delicious!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    My mother used to make hamburger helper when I was a kid. It was delicious!

I've done this from scratch a few times! It's yum.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Medleys. Throw in whatever you want that can be cooked. Veggies, bacon, sauces, noodles (if you eat pasta), cheese....I love a good ground beef and egg medley with cheese. The fat from the ground beef is very flavorful!
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Thankyou Katz I will definitely try ur Korean beef