Say what you will

Options
about pre-packaged, processed food products. They sure are easy to log in with the bar code scanner.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Right... what is the point of this post?
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    OH, there has to be a point other than the plain meaning of the words posted?
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Sounds like sass to me
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    OH, there has to be a point other than the plain meaning of the words posted?

I'm not sure if I'm just being dumb or not... but the post seems pretty pointless. I don't think anyone needed to know whether you found pre-packaged foods easier to log??
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Okay. Noted.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    I figure the OP is having a go at the clean eaters around here.
  • ColinsMommaOC
    ColinsMommaOC Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Nutritional Information on Pre-packaged foods have a margin of error up to 20%.

That 500 calorie pre-packaged food you just scanned, could really be 600 calories.

Just saying...
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    about pre-packaged, processed food products. They sure are easy to log in with the bar code scanner.

Just be careful. I love the barcode scanner, but I go through periods where every other barcode pulls up out of date info. Companies change the product, sometimes, and keep thr same UPC. Paired that with companies that label things as "about 1 serving" while cramming almost 2 servings into a package, and you can run into some big inaccuracies throughout the day.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I figure the OP is having a go at the clean eaters around here.

That was my thought, as well:)

Use a food scale to weigh your packaged food, the calories are always off.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

That 500 calorie pre-packaged food you just scanned, could really be 600 calories.

Just saying...

Or more, if you don't weigh them, as they are often heavier than what the package says too...
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your weight-loss goals then.. Eating simpler versus logging easier... Rationality escapes you
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options

I don't begrudge the few seconds I spend logging whole foods :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

I'll bet you responding in the Lean Cuisine conversation? If so, you missed it and made a whole new thread. :)
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Just saying...

Or more, if you don't weigh them, as they are often heavier than what the package says too...

No kidding! I have also found this to be true.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Jamloche wrote: »
    Sounds like sass to me

LOL! Love the sense of humor.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options

Just saying...

Nutritional information on ALL foods has a margin of error. Its based on the average of lab tests done on multiple samples. Fat content varies in meat. Sugar content varies in produce. Its all just one big estimate.
  • khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    They might be easier to scan into the database, but they are exponentially worse for you, health wise. I'll take my time preparing my food :smile:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Just saying...

Or it could be 400.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    2yuwz86.jpg
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Mmm whatcha saaay