Eyelash extensions......

sizzle74
sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
Ladies who has had these applies? Can we discuss the good, bad, and the ugly of them? Any experiences?

Replies

• jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Got th em done once and loved them!! Too expensive fore to maintain though. For special occasions.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    They often use mink for lash extensions and that's cruel :(
  • sizzle74
    Yes they do this lol.....they glue the lashes on your lashes and they fall out naturally with your lashes.
  • sizzle74
    aledba wrote: »
    They often use mink for lash extensions and that's cruel :(

Not accurate. The animals are all simply brushed and not inured :)
  • sizzle74
    Got th em done once and loved them!! Too expensive fore to maintain though. For special occasions.

Which kind did you get? I have a regular set now and don't love them since my fill so I am looking into getting curlies next time (a fresh set) The fill didn't impress me. If I keep doing this it will be for summer and vacations/special occasions. Or we will go broke! I think I will love the curlies, just a bit worried they may be too dramatic........

• blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    I want eyelash extensions!! But I'm worried about your regular eyelashes falling out or getting damaged. :( I also want to try latise too, but I hear that can change your eye color. :( And I have green eyes :( Ugh lol...
  • imsnowwhite
    imsnowwhite Posts: 894 Member
    Sounds freaky, i would rather just stick to strip lashes
  • Bekteck1993
    Bekteck1993 Posts: 11 Member
    I got eye lash extensions recently. I got the 3 lashes on one lash and they looked really fake. The one last on one lash looks real and better.
  • sizzle74

Personally I cannot apply those and I don't have the time to try anyway lol Extensions save a grip of time getting ready on the daily or even when you go out. But they are very expensive. :neutral:
  • sizzle74
    I want eyelash extensions!! But I'm worried about your regular eyelashes falling out or getting damaged. :( I also want to try latise too, but I hear that can change your eye color. :( And I have green eyes :( Ugh lol...

I heard Latisse can change the color of the skin around (under) your eyes.....I haven't heard of the actual eye color changing. And I think it is temporary. But I could be wrong. I do worry a bit about lash damage but if applied correctly it shouldn't happen, plus I have a friend who works for an eye MD and has Latisse samples to give me if I need it after lol

The girl I use is really good. She travels around the world doing lashes :) She has done Kim Kardashian's. (barf, I know lol)
  • imsnowwhite
    sizzle74 wrote: »

Personally I cannot apply those and I don't have the time to try anyway lol Extensions save a grip of time getting ready on the daily or even when you go out. But they are very expensive. :neutral:

I've never had extensions but I've had individual lashes and they pulled my own eyelashes out so I'm sticking with strips so much easier and takes 5 seconds to apply lol
  • sizzle74
    It makes your eyelashes fall out after?

It shouldn't. Your natural lashes shed all the time. They fall out with the natural lash cycle.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    edited August 2015
    I heard that they weaken your actual lashes and cause some to fall out. :confused:
    Just get a good Mascara! Rimmel Volume Accelerator is great I love this stuff!!! :)
    I'm wearing two coats in this pic for a Special occasion, but usually one coat does great on an average day!
    VolumeAcceleratorMascara.jpg
  • imsnowwhite
    I heard that they weaken your actual lashes and cause some to fall out. :confused:
    Just get a good Mascara! Rimmel Volume Accelerator is great I love this stuff!!! :)

I use that mascara! :) I also love ysl baby doll and Dior iconic <3
  • FabulousFantasticFifty

Do those separate the lashes well? I hate Mascaras that are all thick and clumpy! I like Quite opposite of whats popular these days ;p
  • imsnowwhite

Do those separate the lashes well? I hate Mascaras that are all thick and clumpy! I like Quite opposite of whats popular these days ;p

They do for me! :)

I hate clumpy mascaras :(
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    edited August 2015
    Which of the three is your favorite?

Sorry for hogging up your thread OP! ;p
  • imsnowwhite
    Probably the rimmel one :) Dior comes 2nd then ysl :D