Losing body fat

Options
Anyone got any tips about losing body fat an what I should be eating I know protein green veg but not sure how much I am 5ft 8 169lb

Replies

• KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Read all the stickies for new people

A ton of great info
  • sare160
    sare160 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Cheers
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    follow MFP recommendations if profile is filled out correctly.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat less and move more.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    To lose body fat, you need to preserve muscle mass while losing weight. This means doing some form of resistance training - e.g. weight lifting, bodyweight exercise, etc. and ensuring you are eating enough protein while you lose weight.

Follow the MFP guided set-up. Set your goals to lose 1lb per week. Track exercise but be wary of MFP estimates on calorie burns. Start by eating back around 1/2 of these exercise calories. If you lose too quickly eat more, if you're not losing then eat less.

Keep your food diary as accurately as possible. Log everything you eat and drink that has calories. Use a food scale to weigh your portions - don't rely on measuring cups or eye-balling. Hit you calorie goals and try to hit your macro goals (protein, fat, carbohydrate) set by MFP.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't set my goal for 1 lb a week. That is far too aggressive for someone who doesn't have a lot of weigh to lose and who is looking to just lose some body fat. Otherwise there are some great tips - progressive weight lifting programmes and good bodyweight programmes will help you preserve the muscle you have. If you feel like you are at a good weight but want to just lose body fat, then head on down to the maintenance board and look for the recomposition threads.
  • sare160
    Options
    I do body pump at the gym feel like I just need change my diet I eat greens an protein but feel like I am hungry an like my dairy am oats an that but ain't sure what I should be eating can live without crap as long as I can maybe hav vodka slim line tonic at end of week :)
  • sare160
    Options
    An i aint got fat on my leg or hips etc just my stomach :(
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't set my goal for 1 lb a week. That is far too aggressive for someone who doesn't have a lot of weigh to lose and who is looking to just lose some body fat. Otherwise there are some great tips - progressive weight lifting programmes and good bodyweight programmes will help you preserve the muscle you have. If you feel like you are at a good weight but want to just lose body fat, then head on down to the maintenance board and look for the recomposition threads.

Good point. OP's ticker says she wants to lose 29lbs, but based on this:
    An i aint got fat on my leg or hips etc just my stomach :(

It sounds more as though recomposition should be the focus.

• sare160
    Options
    Ok will hav a look thanks all for replying