A day with 1610cal

Options

Replies

• TexasJade
    TexasJade Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    [

Weighing isn't any different than using measuring cups, as far as 'micromanaging', it's just a lot more accurate. Weighing will make you more accurate. Of course vegetables will give you large portions to eat, being that many of them are low calorie, but remember that proteins and fats are more satiating and will keep you feeling full longer than other foods.

I am trying to keep protien and fat in mind also but that has also been an issue. For instance, alvacodo and almonds, both healthy and I love them so much. I will eat them for the health benefits no matter what but the portions I need to keep it to in order to eat other foods seems almost not worth it. I don't know how much others eat but in order for me to get almonds in the days I eat them, I eat a half serving which is 12. Not trying to sound whiny but balancing it all and feeling satisfied is something I struggle with.

I will get a scale and give it a go. Just feels like I am spending so much time looking for things to eat and finding correct entries to log, I hate to spend so much time on it. I spent the whole time I was eating dinner tonight finding correct entries to log for my dinner. There are so many that are wrong. I guess that will get easier as I keep adding foods that I normally eat.

But I did have enough cals left to have some ice cream, so I am glad I was careful with dinner.

Thanks again everyone.

• TexasJade
    Options
    I eat a little less, but my diary is public. Feel free to take a look :)

Thank you for letting me check your diary. It was very helpful! You eat a lot of the same foods I like to eat.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Get a scale. It can help you. Sometimes even get more than you thought. I had calories left after dinner tonight, so I dished some vanilla greek yogurt and blueberries. I put the bowl on my scale, and set it to zero. A 1 cup serving was 227 grams. So I started scooping. And scooping, and scooping. It was a LOT more than I would have initially dished up. I asked my husband how much he thought it was. He said 2 cups. So I got more yogurt by weighing. Weighing is so easy, but you need a scale with a "tare" feature. Then you can dish up a plate or bowl with everything you're having. Then use the recipe builder or look for entries with grams.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    TexasJade wrote: »
    [

Weighing isn't any different than using measuring cups, as far as 'micromanaging', it's just a lot more accurate. Weighing will make you more accurate. Of course vegetables will give you large portions to eat, being that many of them are low calorie, but remember that proteins and fats are more satiating and will keep you feeling full longer than other foods.

I am trying to keep protien and fat in mind also but that has also been an issue. For instance, alvacodo and almonds, both healthy and I love them so much. I will eat them for the health benefits no matter what but the portions I need to keep it to in order to eat other foods seems almost not worth it. I don't know how much others eat but in order for me to get almonds in the days I eat them, I eat a half serving which is 12. Not trying to sound whiny but balancing it all and feeling satisfied is something I struggle with.

I will get a scale and give it a go. Just feels like I am spending so much time looking for things to eat and finding correct entries to log, I hate to spend so much time on it. I spent the whole time I was eating dinner tonight finding correct entries to log for my dinner. There are so many that are wrong. I guess that will get easier as I keep adding foods that I normally eat.

But I did have enough cals left to have some ice cream, so I am glad I was careful with dinner.

Thanks again everyone.
    the-very-best-of-the-success-kid-meme.jpg

• TexasJade
    Options
    Haha! Thanks mccindy72!
  • TexasJade
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thank you jaqcan. You convined me.
  • emiliebecause
    emiliebecause Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I eat less (except today) but my diary is open.
  • TexasJade
    Options
    arditarose...Thank you. Your post gave me an idea. You said you don't eat oatmeal or add things. I will keep my oatmeal but I could use the blueberries for a later snack. I will look at other meals and see what I might want to move to a snack to make things more satisfying.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    arditarose...Thank you. Your post gave me an idea. You said you don't eat oatmeal or add things. I will keep my oatmeal but I could use the blueberries for a later snack. I will look at other meals and see what I might want to move to a snack to make things more satisfying.

Yeah! I move things around. If I want avocado AND cheese AND meat in my salad...maybe that won't work, I pick two and add the third to my dinner. Things like hot sauce, cinnamon, cocoa powder, salsa are nice low calorie things to add some taste to a meal without a lot of calories. You can look at my diary too. It's 11 pm and I just finished eating for the day and I'm stuffed. High volume eater!

eta: all the ingredients in my "dessert" come together to make a protein fluff. It is so big it fills an entire mixing bowl.
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Lucky you having 1600, wish I cld be so lucky
  • mccindy72
    Options
    coco_bee wrote: »

Try some moving, it gives you more of a deficit.
  • NikkiMichelleS
    NikkiMichelleS Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    coco_bee wrote: »

Try some moving, it gives you more of a deficit.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Get some exercise in, burn extra calories so you'll have more room in your calories and create a deficit.
    I've become a big fan of HIIT. With your having young children, it could be a quick way to burn max calories (like 15 minute high intensity work outs). These calories can partially be eaten back.
    I'm at 1400, but on days I walk, jog, or workout I can eat 1600-1700 cal. If you're at 1600, get a good exercise routine in, and you may be able to eat 1700-2000 cal (depending on calories burned).
    Just another thought!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I ate about 1630 today.
    Breakfast: Nothing. I don't eat breakfast as I'm not hungry in the morning and prefer more cals for later.
    Lunch: Salad
    Snack: Yogurt with raspberries. I don't normally have an afternoon snack but knew my evening was busy and I wouldn't get to eat supper till later
    Supper: Pita Sandwich, corn on the cob, potatoes
    Snacks: Ice cream sandwich, chocolate, popcorn with cinnamon and sugar (ya. I like my snacks)

I could have eaten nearly 2000 today due to exercise but I'm trying to make up for over eating on Monday so I will stay in my weekly cals.
  • TexasJade
    Options
    Is there a setting on here that helps you keep up with weekly cals? I see a lot of people talk about that.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Is there a setting on here that helps you keep up with weekly cals? I see a lot of people talk about that.

No, it's just a matter of watching it yourself. For me, I'm in maintenance, so I know if I am a few hundred under for a few days, I've got extra for a day at the end of the week if I want to eat something that goes over in one day.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

If you have the app, at least on my iPhone, you can look at nutrition info including calories on a weekly basis instead of daily. I also just keep a running tab of it in my head, if I know I've got an event or something on the weekend I try to end my day 100 or so under goal leading up to it so I have some extra cals to enjoy.

OP when you asked about 1610 cals, were you talking net or total? I am in maintenance and have mine set to 1750 net but I eat closer to 2000 daily with exercise. My diary is open, if you take out the 150-300 cals of wine I usually have my food would be in the range you're looking for.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

If you go to the nutrition tab at the bottom of your diary on the app, you can see how many calories you have for the week. Often every monday morning I'll quick add "x" amount of calories, usually maintenance if I'm in a deficit, and work around that for the rest of the week.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

If you have the app, at least on my iPhone, you can look at nutrition info including calories on a weekly basis instead of daily. I also just keep a running tab of it in my head, if I know I've got an event or something on the weekend I try to end my day 100 or so under goal leading up to it so I have some extra cals to enjoy.

OP when you asked about 1610 cals, were you talking net or total? I am in maintenance and have mine set to 1750 net but I eat closer to 2000 daily with exercise. My diary is open, if you take out the 150-300 cals of wine I usually have my food would be in the range you're looking for.

Mine too. I'm at maintenance. And at 1750 or so.
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You need to control your diet, eating salads and fruits would be more helpful. You should try Regenon pills, it work great for me. A really nice appetite control, you will find Pills for all online.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    You need to control your diet, eating salads and fruits would be more helpful. You should try Regenon pills, it work great for me. A really nice appetite control, you will find Pills for all online.

This is complete bunk.