Juicing - Share your FAV

Options
Hello,

I love juicing! Lately I've been slacking on it, and def looking to get back and juice at least once a day. I thought I would check for your favorite recipes that are also low calorie as this is just an additional snack to increase veggie and fruit intake a day.

Two recipes I've used are the mean green from fat, sick and nearly dead: 6 Leaves Kale, 1 Cucumber, 4 Stalks Celery, 2 Green Apples, 1/2 Lemon, 1 Piece Ginger

And Boost Juice from the Juice Master: 1/2 large pineapple, 2 apples, 1/4 mug alfalfa sprouts, 1/4 mug watercress, 1/4 mug parsley, 1/4 mug kale, 1/4 mug broccoli, 1 oz shot of wheatgrass juice

I thought I would see what other recipes you recommend :)

Replies

• gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meltdownvixen
    Options
    Those look great. Looking foward to more people sharing recipes. I would like to start juicing.
  • xSJBx
    xSJBx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love juicing at the moment! I have the detox special each morning for breakfast, it is fab and really filling. It includes a slice of lemon, slice of beetroot, slice of cucumber, slice of celery, 1/4 yellow pepper, 1 carrot, 3 apples, 1 avocado & ice x
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Apple and lemon juice I take daily, it is healthy and tasty too. Juice diet is really good for weight loss routines.
    I take juice before exercise and Regenon pills to control my hunger.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Prickly Pear Cocktail
    • At least 10 Prickly Pears (Cactus pears)
    • Fresh Lime Juice, to taste
    • Light Agave Syrup (or sugar), to taste
    • Filtered water

Carefully peel the prickly pears, discard skin, chop fruit, and add the fruit to a Low Speed Juicer with an Auger (one that doesn't whip a lot of air into the juice at high speed and cause excess foam/separation). Discard/filter out the inedible black seeds; your juicer may do this for you. If blending, blend on low speed and filter the seeds/pulp through a mesh sieve.

Collect the juice and add enough fresh lime juice, agave syrup, and water to balance the taste. The end result should be a wonderfully fragrant and refreshing juice that tastes like a combination of raspberries and watermelon with a slight hint of tomato.

Drink over ice or make a Prickly Pear Margarita with Tequila Blanco, Ice, and more lime juice and agave syrup if needed. No need for salt, store-bought sour mix, or orange liqueur.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I love juice! I tend to go with whatever is in my fridge at the moment.

My favourites though:
    2 beetroot, 4 carrots, 2 apples, an inch of ginger. If I have it I'll add sweet potato / yam.
    Spinach or kale, lemon or lime, ginger, cucumber, celery, apples. If I have any I'll add a pear as well.

I tend to make a big batch while I'm at it.