Not happy when I look into the mirror

Options
Hello lovely MFPers,

I want to lose weight and get into shape because I'm not happy with how I look. It affects me because I don't feel good about myself and when I go to see family or friends that I haven't seen in a while I fear what they will think when they see I put on even more weight.

In 366 days (from today actually, I forgot that 2016 is a leap year when I signed up yesterday) I'm getting married to the most wonderful person in the world. It's going to be one of the best days of my life and I want to look the part!

I'm going swimming on a regular basis and also want to hit the gym regularly to get in shape.

I would love some support and friendship so please feel free to say hi and add me!

I'm 27, live in the UK and want to loose about 10kg.

Love,

366days

Replies

• Aaron949
    Aaron949 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hello! How exciting that you are getting married. You can do this, I am down 86 pounds with the help of MFP! Feel free to add me!
  • 366days
    366days Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • charleygirl0418
    charleygirl0418 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I would love to help and also have the help staying motivated.
  • disneyfan85
    disneyfan85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's really not that much weight at all. You can do it! I know what it's like looking in the mirror and not liking what you see. I have the same issues with friends and such. It's started affecting my relationship as well. That's why I'm trying so hard.
  • denniscrocker72
    denniscrocker72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One day at a time, you can do it!
  • Renzi27
    Renzi27 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way - I'm avoiding social gatherings because I don't want people to look at me and go "wow she got fat" so I just don't go. I want to be "free" again to socialize and talk to people without being self-conscious. Congrats on getting married! How exciting! :smiley: