Nut free protein bars

Options
Last night, after my roommate and I went to the gym, we went to the gas station for a energy bar (our cabinets are rather empty). I could have every protein bar available, but my roommate is allergic to peanuts and the only things she could have were the cookie dough bar (370 calories, 28 g protein) or a special k bar (170 calories, 10 g protein). It kinda sucks for her since she had to decide between a high or low calorie bar, but we saw that they had muscle milk and we got that instead. Does anyone know of any nut free protein bars that are widely available and have at least 20 g of protein?

Replies

• daphneC94
    Options
    i have the same problem
    I love quest bars, many have no peanuts but i live in canada and i have to order them online.

so bump
  • Bluejaptor
    Options
    But don't quest bars have nut butter in them? As someone with a peanut allergy I really want to try them but I'm scared of that. Any peanut allergy people have no problems with quest bars?
  • SkipR83
    SkipR83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MetRX big colossals apple pie and cookie dough are nut free. I would know because those are the only two I can have. It's high in calorie so I end up splitting it in half. As for the quest bars....I've looked up every single bar they have and they all include almonds.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Try keto bars: www.ketobars.com. They only have 7 grams of protein per bar but depending upon your daily carb / calorie requirements you can always have more than one for a mean and they do not contain nuts or nut powders of any kind.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I do not know of any, but she may want to consider making her own. Pinterest is a wealth of recipes for literally everything one could want, I just looked it up and found several hits. Finding one that high in protein might be tricky but at least it could be a place to start.