Energy! Where can I get it? Need something to get the ball rolling.

Options
2»

Replies

• Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Trust that it's more attitude than the "boost" you need if that's your plan. While I'm not against energy boosts (you do realize that they're just stimulants), getting a good night's rest and actually wanting to do it at 5 in the morning is your best booster.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I agree. Its all in the mind. Get up and have a shower. That said, I can't get into that groove. I"m not a morning person.

• plyadnov
    plyadnov Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Is there a specific reason for working out that early? Do yo workout at home or go to the gym? Do you work or a full-time mom?

I personally can't wake up that early and have a good workout. Plus I take my son to school before heading to work so that automatically takes my mornings out of the equation. Instead I have found myself enjoying mid-day gym visits on my lunch break. It was weird coming back to work after, but I got used to that. I go hard to make my 40 minutes count and then cool off after before heading back into the office. This allows me to come home right after work instead of going to the gym and fighting for the equipment during the peak hours. Plus mid-day workout gives me energy to get through the rest of the workday. I eat my lunch at my desk.

If above doesn't work with your lifestyle, I'd stay away from energy drinks. Have a cup of coffee, go for a walk as a warm-up, then start your workout. I tried an energy supplement couple of times and had the worst workouts with it...heart was racing just from walking. Once your body gets used to this early wake-up time, you could cut out that coffee.

Good luck!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If ut was me id probably have some water, maybe some caffeine and either oats or a banana. Morning is slightly different because thats where theres a preference to do it fasted, but a bananans not much but just enough for me. Experiment and see what suits, when you run out of energy etc. I alswyas have on hadn a source of quick simple carbs as backup, might be some glucose tablets or another banana. Just depends how much you are doing.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I definitely know that I need to clean up my diet. I bet I would feel alot better and not so tired once I do that.
  • worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried bounce balls? I can't recommend them enough, they're completely natural ingredients and literally send me bouncing off the walls and won't sit heavy in your stomach for your workout at all!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person by any means and do not work out in the AM, however, a good night's rest works wonders. Consider going to bed a bit earlier if possible. Turn off the TV/put the cell phone down. Also, stretching is really energizing for me in the morning, along with a hot shower and copious amounts of coffee.
  • beefcake_4000
    beefcake_4000 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    about 30 grams of oatmeal, make porridge add half a glass of skimmed milk and a shread an apple on top that should keep you going until lunch if not even longer
  • pointkoala
    pointkoala Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Iron and vitamin B12 are both ones that help increase energy. I'm not sure how QUICKLY they work but it might be worth some research.