The thinner I get, the fatter I feel

Options
2»

Replies

• jhass80
    jhass80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    After seeing all the progress you have made. I can see why you want to make more.

I would check your BMI and see if tou have more body fat ro lose.
  • Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I started at 215lb. At that weight I carried my weight well.

I've lost a little over 30lbs so far. Other people still think I carry my weight well.

Me - I still look in the mirror and see the same me as before. I no longer carry my weight well in my head. I'm far to big (in my head) to be the weight I am.

Photos. Photos. Photos. Progress photos help massively. But others do too. I was in a candid photo that appeared on Facebook the other day. I saw the photo - and thought - hey that looks like what I was wearing. Then I recognised my hair. I didn't "recognise" my body - but I knew it was me - and wow didn't I see a difference.

Our minds are funny things. They play very weird tricks on us all. I just hope mine catches up some day.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I've lost 30 pounds and even though in my mind I know that I do look smaller I will sometimes be like where did the 30lbs come from because i look the same. I have pics but only from 10ish pounds ago.
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I think it is because your wonderful mind is finding a way to keep you motivated. Look at it as a gift. Our bodies want us to be healthy. Most of the time we ignore the messages- but not when we are paying attention and trying to change something.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    For me it's that I just avoided looking at myself critically at my highest weight - I knew I was fat but I was doing a great job of denial. Now I look in a mirror and am hyper-aware of the extra lbs that are left.
  • Frostygirl2790
    Frostygirl2790 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow glad to know I'm not alone In This thought process. And as I have read above I too hope my brain catches up to my eyes. It's a process
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. I think I avoided really looking at myself when I was more overweight, denial I guess. So now that I've dropped some weight and everyone else is noticing I just see the fat that I knew was there but never really acknowledged. I still look and feel very overweight in my own head.