POLARS???

I know Ive seen prior posts! I plan on trying one at my gym first but would like my own personal one! Im interested in the Polar F6 or the Polar F11? Anyone with polar brand hrm please tell me how accurate they are? Ive found a website with all the Polar models. The website changed the link. Thanks

www.heartratemonitors.com

Replies

• hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    I know Ive seen prior posts! I plan on trying one at my gym first but would like my own personal one! Im interested in the Polar F6 or the Polar F11? Anyone with polar brand hrm please tell me how accurate they are? Ive found a website with all the Polar models. The website changed the link. Thanks

www.heartratemonitors.com
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    I have the Polar F6 and I love it. You can also go to the polar website and compare all of their models to see which one has the functions that you need. Since you are using a gym, you wouldn't want the F4 model since you may get interference from someone else using the same model. I'm not sure what other functions the higher models have since I only have the F6. As far as I can tell, mine is very accurate.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    I had a Polar F11 and I used it for about 2 1/2 years of heavy use. I loved it. I even wore it swimming. It was great for tracking my progress. I found it to be very accurate. The only downside is you have to mail it to Polar to have the battery changed, but it didn't take too long. I have since upgraded to a Polar with a foot pod and lap meter to keep track of mileage.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I also have the F6 and I love it so far. I noticed at the gym the other day when I was on the elliptical that the machine was reading my heart rate off of my own monitor. I thought it was pretty cool and I went and asked if it would interfere with any one else on one of the same machines and he said it wont.

Connie