Below calorie intake

Options
tracyp900
tracyp900 Posts: 16 Member
if I'm under my calorie intake it says I'm not eating enough but I've saw people have posts saying they were under their calorie intake mines doesn't give me a 5 week progress report can anyone explain this please

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    The minimum recommendation for women is 1200 calories a day. MFP won't let you complete your diary if you are below 1000 calories, as that is not healthy unless under medical supervision. The posts that you're seeing of people who are under their calorie goal are eating over 1000 calories but less than their goal. I've actually disabled the posting of my diary to my feed, as I was getting "likes" for being under my goal on days I'd eaten really poorly - not the "likers" fault, but I can do without positive reinforcement of negative things.
  • tracyp900
    Options
    Thanks curlyCockney
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    You're welcome :-)
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me once or twice but I just eat something small to bring it up to a level the app accepts. If you really don't want to eat extra on a low day, like someone doing intermittent fasting or something like that, just don't complete the day and carry on to the next day, the day is still logged and it does not cause any major hassle.

I don't think we should panic if we are under once in a while. If you watch a thin person who does not track their calories, they are often inclined to eat very low the day after an indulgent day to balance things out. As long as you only do this once in while bad things will not happen.

The 5 week estimates are way off anyway.
  • tracyp900
    Options
    Thanks soopat
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It's a flawed feature because it only counts the calories consumed, not the total after taking into account exercise. If I eat 1200 calories and burn 500 during the day, it doesn't have a problem with it and still gives me a projected weightloss and no warnings.