Insanity and not losing weight

Options
I have currently been doing insanity and I am on my fourth week right now and about to start recovery week. I have barely lost 3 pounds in 4 weeks. I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem and any suggestions that yall could give me. Thank, again..take a look at my food diary and let me know any suggestions.

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think you should start tracking your sodium and keep it under 2500 a day..that may help you out some but congrats on the loss thus far
  • etjaneausten
    etjaneausten Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ahem? What is Insanity? I assume that you don't mean the normal definition of mental health?
  • rurukidoo
    rurukidoo Posts: 54
    Options
    I haven't started this yet myself, but I read lots of people saying to take measurements as they can give you more of an accurate picture of what is happening to your body than the scale sometimes can. HTH =)
  • rurukidoo
    rurukidoo Posts: 54
    Options
    Ahem? What is Insanity? I assume that you don't mean the normal definition of mental health?

It's a Beachbody workout with Shaun T.
  • kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options

you've never heard of insanity?! 60 days of hardcore SHREDDING! anyways, it soemtimes does start off slow. but you have to make sure you are being honest with yourself about what you're eating. you'd be surprised of the calories you're not taking in account if you don't track them. also you have to eat enough. if you think the amount of calories the guide book says is too much, you're wrong: it's right. do what it says and it will happen. and yeah you mgiht be holding water like someone else said. watch the sodium as well. you could also be gaining muscle. make sure you're taking body measurement every 2-3 weeks or so. if you're not losing inches, THEN you havea problem!
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    It could be that you are carrying alot of water weight? Try to keep you sodium intake low and drink lots of water. Also remember to measure your weight loss in inches and not in pounds, you will see more of a change there.=)
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Not enough water and it doesn't look like you are logging your exercise but based on Insanity you may be low on the calories. You don't want to go below 1500 and with 1600 minus your exercise you would be way below the 1500 min calories per day for men.

Just based on todays diary.......

Sometimes the body holds on so drink the water so it will let go and you should see results soon!

Good luck!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I have currently been doing insanity and I am on my fourth week right now and about to start recovery week. I have barely lost 3 pounds in 4 weeks. I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem and any suggestions that yall could give me. Thank, again..take a look at my food diary and let me know any suggestions.
    \

Track salt and sugar. Also you need to eat more veggies and less fruit.If your trying to loose then you want to limit fruit to 2 pieces a day. Also make sure your eating enough and getting enough protien
  • kaw811
    kaw811 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Honestly with a name like insanity I'd say that's a clear sign to steer clear. But that's just me. Working out wisely and having a healthy, active, nutritious lifestyle will always be best for our bodies!
  • kaw811
    kaw811 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Honestly with a name like insanity I'd say that's a clear sign to steer clear. But that's just me. Working out wisely and having a healthy, active, nutritious lifestyle will always be best for our bodies!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I did a full round of Insanity last summer and just started a new round this week. Last summer, at the end of the 63 days I lost 3 pounds. That's it, three pounds. I lost a lot in inches, especially in the mid-section. Are you following the nutrition guide? I looked at your carbs and they seem a bit high.

Also, from reading a lot of the forums on the beachbody site many people say they lose during the second month.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I would focus on monitoring my sodium and water intake more closely, and pay close attention to your net calorie consumption.

Based on your diary, you have a number of foods that are very high in sodium relative to calories. Due to my high blood pressure, I try to keep my sodium intake under 2000 mg a day and my water intake at 8 to 10 8 oz. glasses per day. I really watch my breads and dairy consumed, as these can be very high in sodium. (Cottage cheese is out for me and I only eat certain breads based on sodium.)

Also, watch how exercise affects your net calories. I've been going about six weeks and typically lose 1 to 2.5 pounds a week. The one week where I gained a half pound back was the week where my net calorie consumption was the LOWEST.

If you (or anyone else reading this) are interested in more biological info on sodium and water balance in the body, I'd be happy to share if you send me a message. I'm a biology professor and and course director for human anatomy and physiology at my institution...I'm living proof that knowing how the body works doesn't lead directly to a healthy weight! :)
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    If your ticker is accurate & you only have 17 pounds to lose, your weight loss seems on target. Have you taken measurements? Keeping track of your BF%?
  • BigTex5723
    BigTex5723 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yes the ticker is right...im only trying to drop 17 more pounds because i only want to get down to 185 and then lean down...i always want o be a big guy but a big guy that is ripped...and i will start to look at my sodium...i am always under my sodium amount and way over on my protein because of the protein bars and shakes i drink....also, i am following the nutrition guide pretty much to the same, some snacks are different as you can tell and maybe a meal here or there...my calories are always over 2000 but after my workout i am usually right around the given amount
  • BigTex5723
    Options
    alos, can someone elavorate for me eating less fruits and more veggies...i am kinda confused on this one
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I dropped only 4 lbs doing insanity but a lot of body fat. I started to see definition in my abs and went down a pants size. So body recomp is a huge part of insanity results. Also, water intake and getting enough calories are important. I ended up binging on cheezits most of the time and still had great results. Recovery week will also let your muscles release some water, so hopefully you will be happier then.
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. I did all 63 days, only missing like 2 workouts maybe, and sometimes I did two workouts a day. I ate good, not the menu plan they prescribed, but still good. And I didn't lose any weight. I don't feel like I changed shape at all. And, it didn't really help me with my cardio endurance either, which is why I was doing it - to get back into shape for running for summer. It wasn't until I started doing kettlebells that I started seeing changes. So, maybe Insanity can be good, but I think it needs to be combined with strength training to see good results. And, if you don't have a lot of weight to lose, like I didn't, that also means less results.
  • BigTex5723
    Options
    thanks for all the help
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I am on day 12 today and I havent really lost any weight. I am not following the nutrition guide.... but i am finding really hard to get enough cals. I need to lose quite a bit. I did p90x and only lost 8lbs but i lost 13 inches.
    I was hoping to pounds in this workout... i am 5 foot 1 and 171 lbs ... nothing is happening yet! :(
  • kakaiie
    kakaiie Posts: 19
    Options

It's a Beachbody workout with Shaun T.

where can i get it? does it work?