LOW CALORIE BUT FILLING BREAKFAST!!

Options
chelsea_thatsme
chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
I need a breakfast that is easy quick and low calories, but one that is filling. I don't like eggs, milk or cheese, which I know are breakfast foods, and I have run out of oatmeal.I also don't have yogurt.

Someone told me that you can use quinoa the same way but I have never tried.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    bump.
    Basically the only two things I eat for breakfast is eggs or oatmeal, Interested in hearing a few alternatives as well.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My normal breakfast is a bagel thin, laughing cow cheese wedge, and 6 slices of turkey... for a whopping 185 calories. Keeps me full for a while.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Coffee with fat free milk, a banana and 1tbsp of natural nut butter.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal with flaxseed and applesauce or oatmeal with peanut butter EVERY DAY!
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    whole wheat tortilla with peanut butter spreaded on half of it. then slice up a banana and lay it on half the tortilla. then fold tortilla in half and enjoy a scrumptious filling breakfast :)
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Whole grain toast, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and a serving of some kind of fruit... It fills me up...
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    whole wheat tortilla with peanut butter spreaded on half of it. then slice up a banana and lay it on half the tortilla. then fold tortilla in half and enjoy a scrumptious filling breakfast :)
    That sounds delish!! I'm definately gonna try that! :drinker:
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My normal breakfast is a bagel thin, laughing cow cheese wedge, and 6 slices of turkey... for a whopping 185 calories. Keeps me full for a while.

I do the same - alternate between bagel thins, thin-wich, english muffins... whatever is on sale really... I add 1/4 cup of egg beaters from the microwave though. There are some good low-cal turkey sausages that work for breakfast. Jennie O makes some... those would be good on an english muffin with some cheese or laughing cow. Morning Star Farms has some good breakfast meat alternatives too.

The protein is what will make you feel full.
  • Missyrth
    Missyrth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    special k vanilla with almonds.. it's so good!
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options

This is really good warm, too! Yum!!
  • spiderbaby80
    spiderbaby80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I eat Ezekial sprouted grain bread (I like the sesame version) toasted with 1tablespoon of almond butter. Sometimes I cut up a strawberry or two on top to mimic a PBJ. It's delicious and very filling!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I need a breakfast that is easy quick and low calories, but one that is filling. I don't like eggs, milk or cheese, which I know are breakfast foods, and I have run out of oatmeal.I also don't have yogurt.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Since you asked for breakfast quinoa suggestions, here is how I eat it in the morning...

http://veganlazy.wordpress.com/2011/01/26/quinoa-breakfast/

banana1.jpg?w=460&h=343

•1/2 cup cooked quinoa
    •1/2 cup vanilla Almond Breeze (or soy milk or rice milk)
    •1/2 banana, chopped
    •1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
    •1 tsp agave syrup or other sweetener

I like hot “cereal” with cold milk, so I microwaved the leftover quinoa for 1 minute and added the rest of the ingredients.
  • farabovepearls
    farabovepearls Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Special K cereal or Chocolate Cherrios with Almond Milk...under 150. IYUMMY...!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    What does "low calorie" mean to you? I have a couple of slices of toast, one with marmite and one with marmalade, that's 277 calories which is about right for me, as I'm on 1200 calories a day.

But without seeing your food diary, it's hard to know what you are allowed for breakfast. Some members can eat 500 calories or even more for breakfast, lucky people!
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I eat a Fiber One bar most every morning (Oats & Caramel) and it fills me up so I am not snacking at work. Also I do the 100 calories cottage cheese and fruit. I don't have time for a "real" breakfast, but these work well for me!
  • chelsea_thatsme
    chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i can eat 400 calories; but i try to stay under 300
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    2 slices of Fiber One or Arnold Double Fiber whole wheat bread (200 cals.), toasted, with a tablespoon of peanut butter or Nutella (100 cals.) on one slice and 1 T of apple butter (30 cals.) on the other. With a hot cup of coffee or tea, this is a very filling breakfast, and probably my all-time favorite. You can cut back on the calories and just have one piece of toast.
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Options
    I eat Ezekial sprouted grain bread (I like the sesame version) toasted with 1tablespoon of almond butter. Sometimes I cut up a strawberry or two on top to mimic a PBJ. It's delicious and very filling!

I have the same every morning! with a cup of silk almond milk mmm num num :drinker:
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options

Any ideas??

Thanks

this sounds awesome.
    I know what Im doing next time I have left over quinoa

Since you asked for breakfast quinoa suggestions, here is how I eat it in the morning...

http://veganlazy.wordpress.com/2011/01/26/quinoa-breakfast/

banana1.jpg?w=460&h=343

•1/2 cup cooked quinoa
    •1/2 cup vanilla Almond Breeze (or soy milk or rice milk)
    •1/2 banana, chopped
    •1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
    •1 tsp agave syrup or other sweetener

I like hot “cereal” with cold milk, so I microwaved the leftover quinoa for 1 minute and added the rest of the ingredients.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    1 cup Kashi Golean - 140 calories (AND it has 13 grams protein and 10 grams fiber)
    1/2 cup original almond milk - 30 calories
    170 calories of filling, guilt free deliciousness (I eat this EVERY day).

I also sometimes have a banana with it, but it's filling on its own.