Will someone be my buddy?

Options
Hi, someone help me, I have put on an extra 4 stone since my second child and after my first I went back to work and lost the excess within a year, but I'm struggling now after my second, she is 18 months and I'm still fat! I work less and have found being at home I eat more, I have tried about five times to start this but after a week I just think *kitten* it, I'm a busy mum blah blah blah excuses. Will someone be my buddy? Be mean to me or just encourage me to get this done, my husband is great but he is so relaxed in life his motto would be a bit of cake never hurt anyone. I have no time frame here and I don't want to be thin I just dont want to be 210lbs! More like 170lbs I was after my first. Why have I got no willpower anymore?! Anyway I've probably surpassed an introduction and this is more like a life story, I need motivation!!!

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    you're more than welcome to add me ....I lost 78lbs back in 09/2010 only to gain it back and then some ...I even deleted my old account ....so I came back in Jan of this year ...was doing great then 4 people passed away and I lost myself for a little over 3 months but I am back now ...I would love to encourage /support you ...WE GOT THIS :)
  • camilne2015
    camilne2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Omg! So sorry for you, that must have been awful. What happened? You don't have to say I'm just nosey. My dad passed away last year too and that made my comfort eating and wine consumption escalate. How much do you weigh now? Have you long started back up again, and what is your goal?
    Yeah totally I hope we got this!! 78lbs is loads, well done. Do you have any exercise tips, I've done the 30 day shred but after 20 days it got boring, and if you have ever done it, level 2 is ridiculous, I felt like my insides were going to drop out LOL!!
  • jhass80
    jhass80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am just counting calories and it seems to be working so far.
  • Uncleryno
    Uncleryno Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. More buddies=more motivation. ☺
  • MamaHokie
    MamaHokie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey there! In 2013 I lost about 50lbs with MFP. Then I had a sports injury. Then I got pregnant. So I was off MFP for about 15 months. I've been back at it now for a couple months and I feel so much better!!!! I felt fat before losing the weight originally, but after being skinny, fat feels even fatter!!! I've got 22lbs left until my first goal and then probably another 20 or so after that. We'll see. I'm a homeschooling mom of 4 children (which basically means I've got the challenges of a stay at home mom and a full time teacher). I don't believe in excuses. You can have/do anything you want - it's just a matter of what you're willing to trade for it.
    I'll add you. And to anyone else looking, I'm happy to have more friends too (but I decline all requests that come without a message. Too many people just mass adding and trying to sell stuff).
  • latoyar2000
    latoyar2000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me...im breaking out the 200lb range too...my goal is to be 150lb... all my clothes are waaayyy tooo tight... i need buddies...befriend me peeps and lets get these lbs off us
  • Jessie9506
    Jessie9506 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me I'm just counting my calories and trying to cut out bad carbs, It's hard to give up sweets.I lost 7lbs still have 23lbs to go.
  • Jonketo
    Jonketo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and good luck! :smile:
  • tankee12
    tankee12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    gm you can add me also. I'm up and down as well. I had some surgeries in the past and can't work out like I used to , limited to certain THINGS I can and can't do but struggling big time with weight, but determined to continue with fitness pals and even starting back weight watchers to keep movitated and move all the time. Just don't give up , if you mess up, like we all do. ... just go back the next day. Good luck . we going to do this
  • bjanbnc951
    bjanbnc951 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me, I got away from eating right and exercising and started feeling lazy, I had been trying to get motivated to get my butt back in a gear, then I had a blood test 3 weeks ago that wasn't so great so that was the kick in the *kitten* I needed. You just need to get going and then the momentum will keep ya going. THE BEST WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT IS TO JOURNAL WHAT YOU EAT that is why this app is great. My wife just started back up as well. I've always been very fit and ate healthy (there is nothing wrong with cheating every once in a while). Last night I had two slices of pizza. When I first met my wife she started eating what I was eating, chicken, fish, veggies ect... She also used to drink (3) Rockstars a day (energy drink). She went from 153 to 129 and without even trying, she still drinks those rockstars but the sugar free one. When you journal it makes you aware. The fact that you even wrote that introduction asking for help shows you are motivated. Good luck and stick with it, not everyday are you going to motivated that's human nature, but when you start seeing results that's part of the motivation I'm talking about.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too! you've come to the right place to lose weight and have awesome people support you and truly care and be happy for your success!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Omg! So sorry for you, that must have been awful. What happened? You don't have to say I'm just nosey. My dad passed away last year too and that made my comfort eating and wine consumption escalate. How much do you weigh now? Have you long started back up again, and what is your goal?
    Yeah totally I hope we got this!! 78lbs is loads, well done. Do you have any exercise tips, I've done the 30 day shred but after 20 days it got boring, and if you have ever done it, level 2 is ridiculous, I felt like my insides were going to drop out LOL!!

Please don't feel sorry for me ....What I have gone thru has made me a stronger person ....yes I felt sorrry for myself too when going thru it ...but the people I lost would not want me to give up on myself so I changed that ...my 2 bestfriends that I lost in May were killed by a drunk driver .....I lost my mom in June (natural causes) and I lost my neice who was 34 and lost her life due to breast cancer....Right now I am 231 ...my goal weight wise is 130 but my main focus is to be healthy....I am carb cycling and I do cardio on high carb days and strength training on low carb days ....I workout at home ...I have done 30day shred but I had to stop due to a knee injury ...but that was a few years ago so maybe I should get back to doing that ......Exercise tips would be find something you enjoy and stick with it ...but remember weight loss starts in the kitchen ...Wishing you much success
  • KarenWinfield1
    KarenWinfield1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to this and would like a buddy for mutual encouragement. Twelve years ago I lost 46 pounds and was thinner than I was in high school. Life was so good I decided to have another baby. She is ten now and my weight is way up. My goal is to lose 60 pounds. So we are probably well suited.