sare160 Posts: 16 Member
edited August 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Paleo diet does it work an how long till u start seeing results

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Pablo diet? Does it involve lots of paella and sangria? Coz I'm down with that.
  • sare160
    sare160 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Paleo diet lol
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If you eat less calories that you burn while doing paleo, then yes, you will start losing weight. You might or might not start seeing results immediately, everyone is different.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    The paleo diet will only work if you eat at a calorie deficit. I found it overly restrictive (I love peanut butter and black beans and just couldn't deal with cutting them out when they cause me no digestive issues); other people love it. Find an eating style that you can stick with long term and make sure you eat at a moderate calorie deficit.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Just eat healthy.
    Diets often do not work, because eventually you can't take it anymore.
    And you regain the weight.
    Learn to eat healthy for life.

Many people consider paleo a way of eating just as you consider your low carb diet a way of eating.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You're not going to get much help here if it varies from CICO. Join the Paleo group, you'll get a lot more help.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    If you eat less calories that you burn while doing paleo, then yes, you will start losing weight. You might or might not start seeing results immediately, everyone is different.

This ^^ It's not a magic, but if it helps get and keep you at a deficit then you'll lose weight. If you overeat on Paleo, you will not lose weight.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Pablo diet? Does it involve lots of paella and sangria? Coz I'm down with that.

Me too! Im in!
  • SteaknChez
    SteaknChez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just eat healthy.
    Diets often do not work, because eventually you can't take it anymore.
    And you regain the weight.
    Learn to eat healthy for life.

so what's your deal? you follow all the Paleo threads and tell people not to do it. Works for some and maybe not you, so just move along.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    sare160 wrote: »
    What results are you looking for?
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    What results are you looking for?

This.
  • J72FIT
    Options
    Paleo diet lol
    Had your fun?
  • childofares
    childofares Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Paleo diet lol
    Had your fun?

That's the OP. She was correcting a typo.
  • e1e4ant
    e1e4ant Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Paleo - I'm trying it - 2nd day in and not hungry, but not exercising either. Not getting up to 1200 calories, but still feeling good.
    Lots of other benefits are supposed to come with it, too. I'm in it for the 'improved mental clarity' - cuz I'm just dang ditzy lately.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    e1e4ant wrote: »
    Paleo - I'm trying it - 2nd day in and not hungry, but not exercising either. Not getting up to 1200 calories, but still feeling good.
    Lots of other benefits are supposed to come with it, too. I'm in it for the 'improved mental clarity' - cuz I'm just dang ditzy lately.

1200 is the minimum a woman should eat, so you need to eat more. Add in another steak or something.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    lucys1225 wrote: »
    You're not going to get much help here if it varies from CICO. Join the Paleo group, you'll get a lot more help.

It is still about CICO though.
  • RoadtotheRAN
    RoadtotheRAN Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started eating mostly Paleo after I saw my nutrionist, who advised me to cut out gluten and diary from my diet, which I found helped immensly. I am now trying to eat paleo most of the time and I can definately see the improvement not only physically but mentally
  • J72FIT
    Options
    Paleo diet lol
    Had your fun?

That's the OP. She was correcting a typo.

Still waiting to find out what results she wants...