NROLW

Options
Hi everyone,

I am about to buy this book but was wondering do i need to be a member of a gym to do it? I understand I need weights but does anyone know if it says specifically what equipment you will need?

Thanks
Alex

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    It'd probably be best to get a gym membership; unless you want to buy all your own equipment etc.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I did it and needed my gym membership. But I guess you could do it at home if you are willing to buy the weights and have space in your home for them. For me, it was easier to just go to gym
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Haven't followed that exact program, but it requires you to keep on increasing your weights, so you would need a who,e range of weights for it.
    Buying all the proper equipment for at home is a big investment, so for most people a gym membership is better.

You can always look into a bodyweight program if you'd rather follow a program that does not require equipment.
  • Mummatobe24
    Mummatobe24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your comments i want to do a program mainly focused around weights to help with my weight loss but i am not really interested in joining a gym I have a weight bench and a bunch of weights to go with it. I just have no idea how to start really.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Beginners programs:

- stronglifts 5x5
    - Icf 5x5
    - Starting strength
    - New rules of lifting (for women)
    - Strong curves

All are excellent programs that include info on what lifts to do, how often, how heavy and when to increase weights. Some are free online, some are books. I would suggest that you google (all of) them and pick the program that appeals most to you and you can do with the equipment available to you.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your comments i want to do a program mainly focused around weights to help with my weight loss but i am not really interested in joining a gym I have a weight bench and a bunch of weights to go with it. I just have no idea how to start really.

you might be ok with that save for when your squat weight gets heavier....

regardless, the book is a good read beyond the program...my wife has had most of her girlfriends read it just for their edification, regardless of whether they do the actual program or not.