Big meal later in the day.

Options
andympanda
andympanda Posts: 763 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I am having a big meal rather later then I am used to eating. I have been saving up calories for it. In the mean time I am getting a big grumpy, or going through other hunger related pains in the *kitten*. I have been trying to munch on some low calorie foods, and drink plenty of foods, trying to keep busy, but their is only so much I can take.

Any other advise on surviving without going over my calorie limit?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat something high in fat and protein, as it will keep you sated longer.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    My question to you: if this eating style is not working for you, why are you doing it? I personally can't eat one big meal and then just snack during the day.

Have you looked into other meal plan options?
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    My question to you: if this eating style is not working for you, why are you doing it? I personally can't eat one big meal and then just snack during the day.

Have you looked into other meal plan options?
    infrequent issue, not my norm. besides today, would like to know in case it happens again.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Well, even if you have time constraints, you should be able to spread your calories over your day so you are not so hungry.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Two words: egg whites. I resisted for the longest time, because yolklessness is usually a very sad state, imo, but I replaced one of my morning eggs with two egg whites and it saves some cals. Couple that with 1/2 a piece of bread w as much fiber as you can stand, and you have a sub-400 breakfast that can keep you going for a while. This was an amazing discovery for me, because I usually need breakfasts to be 600-700 cals. (That includes a ~180 cal coffee though)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    You're pretty much already doing all you can do if you insist on not going over your calories. I go through it once in a while as well. I'll try to take a long walk and log it for calories, as well as just graze a bit throughout the day so I don't completely lose my mind. Sometimes, though, it's not worth the trouble to restrict so much, and it won't kill you to go over your calories on one day every now and again.

• rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Coffee helps!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Coffee helps!

Yes! I forgot about coffee!