Powerade and Gatorade

Options
are they okay to drink even if you cut out other things like tea with sugar and koolaid...and soda...my food counter said they have alot of sugar I want to cut sugar.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you log it to account for the calories
  • khenrickson65
    khenrickson65 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    They have just as much sugar as a typical soda. Just as bad as soda imo. If it fits in your daily intake, sure. I personally dont like to take in many simple carbs. Years and years of abuse from simple carbs is what causes most diabetic issues from over working the pancreas. Simple carbs spike glucose quick and then dumps. Basically, sugar is bad for your health and people do get an addiction/craving for it. :
  • khenrickson65
    khenrickson65 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sorry for the rant! just throwing some good info out there for anyone to read. Good luck with your goals!
  • looneymom
    looneymom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    They have just as much sugar as a typical soda. Just as bad as soda imo. If it fits in your daily intake, sure. I personally dont like to take in many simple carbs. Years and years of abuse from simple carbs is what causes most diabetic issues from over working the pancreas. Simple carbs spike glucose quick and then dumps. Basically, sugar is bad for your health and people do get an addiction/craving for it. :
    I am trying to drink only water or nonsugary drinks didnt realize that they had sugar in them...I guess I have to give them up also...