Please Help !!! Hair loss

Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You lost 25 pounds in 3 months, not weighing that much to begin with. You aren't eating enough and this is the result of that. Your body needs nutrition, feed it.

This.

Go to the MD too.

When I ate low fat and low protein, my hair was thinner. It has thickened considerably since eating a lot more protein and fat.
  • fatimaelmustafa
    fatimaelmustafa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @fatimaelmustafa - I lose extra hair when I am deficient in iron or iodine. See your doctor.

What brand of shampoo are you using?
    Pantene
  • fatimaelmustafa
    Options
    Do you eat enough B vitamins? Biotin is great for hair!

No i don't .. i've taken a multi vitamin course once 5 month ago .. i've heard alot about biotin regarding hair, i'll give it a try.
  • fatimaelmustafa
    Options
    You lost 25 pounds in 3 months, not weighing that much to begin with. You aren't eating enough and this is the result of that. Your body needs nutrition, feed it.

No i've lost 25 lbs in 7 months .. i've noticed my hair falling after 3 month of starting, at that time i lost only 11 lbs.

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

No i've lost 25 lbs in 7 months .. i've noticed my hair falling after 3 month of starting, at that time i lost only 11 lbs.

That dont have to matter at all
    It all depends how your body reacts.

Some people will take a year others months before this happens...Maybe it isnt your diet at ll who will say?

But big chance it is. very big
    And i would definitly up the protein fat and vitamin B and see a doctor

• fatimaelmustafa
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    There is no way for us to know why your hair is falling out. You need to se a doctor to figure that out.

When you say your hair is getting "shorter," what do you mean, exactly?

The hair in the middle of my head is now half its original length maybe even shorter. It's like i have blocks of shorter hair in the middle and few long strands on the top.
    6 months have passed since this and iam not seeing any improvement
  • fatimaelmustafa
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    I will go and check with a doctor.