Has the amount of food you can eat changed?

Options
13»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I can't even begin to eat as much as I used to. I have learned to feel when I'm full and stop eating. If I eat more, I feel lousy later. Yesterday was a great example. I was out with friends, had a margarita, ordered an appetizer, and then had a full meal. Truth is, I usually split with my husband when I eat out and rarely order an appetizer. My calories were okay but it was just TOO MUCH.

That was yesterday. I still feel blooky because it hasn't passed through my system yet. I would have been happier eating the same food but half as much. And I almost always know that and follow my gut. Literally. :)
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've noticed recently that I begin to feel full quicker but within a few hours, that fullness turns into hunger again. It's actually hard to satisfy my hunger for a long time at the moment. No matter how much protein or fat I eat.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I wish i could feel full after just 1 slice of pizza, if I have a slice then I just feel even hungrier and feel like eating the whole pan, I've never felt "full" it in a very long time, which is probably a good thing, if I ever feel full again, I would know that I gone well over my calorie limit.
  • flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have found that for the most part I cannot eat as much as I used to. In order to do so I either have to skip a meal or eat other very light or small meals for most of the day.
  • nxd10
    Options
    Josh_LoL wrote: »
    I've noticed recently that I begin to feel full quicker but within a few hours, that fullness turns into hunger again. It's actually hard to satisfy my hunger for a long time at the moment. No matter how much protein or fat I eat.

Since it's pretty typically to eat meals every 3-5 hours, that's not surprising is it?
  • nxd10
    Options
    I'm told the Japanese teach kids to stop eating when they're around 3/4 full. It takes a while for your brain to catch up with what's in your stomach. My mom told me basically the same thing. And that's my experience. I finish eating and feel more and more full over the following hour.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Not really. I have shocked people with the size of the salads I eat. But I can now walk away after one helping of pasta. I'm not sure if it's hormonal or psychological--the thought that I would have to get up and turn the scale back on stops me every time.
  • yoyowoman123
    yoyowoman123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think eating loads or big portions esp of the wrong stuff is why we r all here in the first place except for the people who r bulking or maintaining. if you eat loads of anything your goin to put weight on its common sense! you just need to try your hardest to be kind of strict with your self..... maybe drink water so it fills u up more.
  • happyangela16
    happyangela16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've definitly cut down on my portion sizes and am eating way healthier! And yes, sometimes I will be hungry a little after eating my meal. I will grab something healthy, a fruit, some veggies, nuts. I try to drink a good amount of water throughout the day as well so that I will feel full. I also try to keep myself busy so I am not thinking about food.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I can't eat the portion sizes I used to... I get fuller quicker and now instead of clearing my plate, I stop when I'm feeling pretty full.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Not really. My body has learned to recognize being full a bit better than before, and I've learned to ignore cravings when my stomach feels full. Yes, I still get cravings for things when I'm full! I've just learned to not give into it. If I'm not hungry, I don't eat. If I'm eating something that I love and I feel full, I stop. I don't really want to, but I also know there's no point in making myself miserable later for that last 1/3 of the meal.

+1. When I'm craving, I can really put away an impressive volume. On the other hand, I've also learned how to eat less but enjoy more. E.g. we eat out Mexican a lot, and at some point I realized I enjoy 3 chips with salsa every bit as much as a whole bowl of chips. More, actually, because I'm not too stuffed to really enjoy the entree when it arrives. If I'm still hankering for chips with my meal, I'll have a couple more then, if my kids haven't devoured them and begged the server not to bring more. I have other favorite foods that I now serve myself in smaller portions once realizing the enjoyment was the same. But I can overeat those foods, too, if I'm not on top of my game.

ETA 16kg is awesome! Congrats on that.