Nothing is happening :(

Options
So I started with mfp June 30th. I have entered in everything I have put in my mouth and logged all exercise. I can have up to 1200 calories a day. I lost 10 pounds in the first month to month and a half.

I have not lost a single pound since then....matter of fact today it said I gained a pound :(. I am not that hungry anymore....I am walking/jogging....two - seven miles a day. I take a multivitamin. What gives? Why is it not falling off? My sugar and carbs are well below the max they give me....my protien and fiber are at the amount they give me....why can't i lose anymore? I am 5'3 and now 177 pounds.

Side note...I use to have bm every morning....now its happening twice a week....I feel miserable! You would think with all the fiber/veggies/water that I am consuming....plus my black coffee in the morning I would be as regular as pie. The last three nights I have taken miralax, herblax and I have been mixing in benefiber twice a day...........NO MOVEMENT YET :(.

Replies

• DanielleTuffnell
    DanielleTuffnell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Its fat you want to loose not weight hon throw out the scales to start with go get a inbody 570 scan to see where your really at . Go join a Gym like CrossFit near you 80 % eating plan which your doing now go do the other 20 % . high intensity short workouts youll get where you want but it takes time and persistence you can do it go for it , keep up the eating plan.
  • DanielleTuffnell
    DanielleTuffnell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my calories are 2633 a day on a workout day and I am loosing fat . your calories look way too low to me are you working out ..? active moderatly active or very active ? check out eat to perform on the net to get a true measurement of what you need to eat based on your activity... .. dont enter exercise here . only use this for measuring Macros consumed = fat, carbs & protein ...
  • RoadtotheRAN
    RoadtotheRAN Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling I am under the care of a nutrionist and I had one week where I lost 200g on the scales but lost 3% body fat and gained some muscle.

Have a talk to your doctor or a new nutritionist and see what they say
  • Natalierae886
    Natalierae886 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Try upping your callories it sounds like your eating too little especially with the exercise your doing
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    OK when the MFP regulars get here.

1. You are doing amazingly well 10lbs in 6 weeks is great as the recommended rates of loss are 1-2lbs a week, which you are at the top end of. You are getting to the stage where it will be good going to lose 1-1.5lbs a week.
    2. Weight loss is not linear, so it doesnt go down in a straight line. Think long terms, some weeks you will lose and other weeks you will not. What you are looking for is a trend over many weeks.
    3. Keep doing the right things and be patient (you are being impatient). Whats happening is perfectly normal.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Check tdee to see where you should be. I'd guess around 1350?

Maybe you need to customize the macros instead of what mfp gives.

activia yogurt would probably help

Congrats so far!
  • MEHR0908
    MEHR0908 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Try adding yogurt to your diet, they have kinda for low or mom fat, low carb, sugar free, and just regular might well with you belly!

Try changing up your routine for excersice, might be hitting a platue!

Don't give up though, switch some things up and see what starts working for you again. You got this!
  • elitap867
    elitap867 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So I started with mfp June 30th. I have entered in everything I have put in my mouth and logged all exercise. I can have up to 1200 calories a day. I lost 10 pounds in the first month to month and a half.

I have not lost a single pound since then....matter of fact today it said I gained a pound :(. I am not that hungry anymore....I am walking/jogging....two - seven miles a day. I take a multivitamin. What gives? Why is it not falling off? My sugar and carbs are well below the max they give me....my protien and fiber are at the amount they give me....why can't i lose anymore? I am 5'3 and now 177 pounds.

Side note...I use to have bm every morning....now its happening twice a week....I feel miserable! You would think with all the fiber/veggies/water that I am consuming....plus my black coffee in the morning I would be as regular as pie. The last three nights I have taken miralax, herblax and I have been mixing in benefiber twice a day...........NO MOVEMENT YET :(.

• elitap867
    Options
    elitap867 wrote: »

• elitap867
    Options
    You have hit a plateau. You may need to change your routine to shake things up. Do different exercise, have "cheat" day and splurge on a meal. Then go back to your diet. That could help.
  • USAMcK
    USAMcK Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? 1200 should be your NET. :) Also, only weigh yourself once a week. Daily is pointless, as bodies fluctuate anywhere from 2 to 7 (me) to 10 lbs. a day due to water retention.

You're doing great! Keep it up and don't get discouraged.

Also, weigh your food with a kitchen scale. :)
  • dimsdales_pookie
    dimsdales_pookie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The multivitamin could also cause some constipation. You may want to consult a physician about that. I know that sometimes when I change my work out I will actually gain a little. I will judge my success by how my clothes fit rather than the scale. Good luck and keep up the good work. It will come
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Try adding some fat to your diet to resolve your digestive troubles. You may be extremely low on fat with 1200 calories and tons of fiber. More and more fiber may not be the answer. I wanted to read up again to see if you were already drinking lots of water but forgot. So I'll just say, Do that. And yes, what 999tigger said

And yes, you likely should be eating a bit more than 1200 to fuel your activity. That could help with adding the fat calories on top of what you're eating/drinking now

Finally, in case you're for some odd reason not really at 1200 (could be eating more than you realize), check this out and verify that your process is great:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    elitap867 wrote: »
    You have hit a plateau. You may need to change your routine to shake things up. Do different exercise, have "cheat" day and splurge on a meal. Then go back to your diet. That could help.

A plateau is a period of 6-8 weeks with no weight loss. It sounds like she hasn't lost anything for 2-3 weeks.

OP the lb you've gained could very well be the result of your decreased bms. Constipation can also impact your appetite. It sounds like you're doing the right things - fibre, lots of water, fat and exercise all helps keep you regular. If it persists it could be worth seeing a Dr just to exclude any health issues.

More generally, weight loss also isn't linear. There may be weeks where you don't lose anything and then you could have a larger loss. Are you weighing everything that you're eating? When your allowance is 1200 you have to be very accurate with your intake. Just be patient and keep working away, the losses will come!
  • jessicadawn2478
    jessicadawn2478 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help and advice. I threw caution to the wind this weekend and ate whatever I wanted (which wasn't as much as I thought I would since I can't fit alot in there). I am back at it this week.

1. I finally had a movement!!
    2. I was only eating my 1200 calories and leaving all my exercise calories.
    3. I do weigh out all my food :).....I love my kitchen scale!!
    4. I will check into upping my calories :).
  • Life0fbrian
    Life0fbrian Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Try upping your callories it sounds like your eating too little especially with the exercise your doing

agree with this