Stretch marks

Options
KatherinValerino
KatherinValerino Posts: 11 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Some stretch marks starting to appear now that im in a diet for weeks, is that normal? i mean, that means that my diet its not working? And I'm gaining weight still? Or does stretch marks appear when u are loosing? Please someone tells me why now? I don't get it? Some red ones started to appear a few days ago in my thighs

Replies

• wintersyve
    wintersyve Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks happen when you expand, or gain weight. Have you weighed yourself?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Some stretch marks starting to appear now that im in a diet for weeks, is that normal? i mean, that means that my diet its not working? And I'm gaining weight still? Or does stretch marks appear when u are loosing? Please someone tells me why now? I don't get it? Some red ones started to appear a few days ago in my thighs

What?

How quickly are you losing?

Are you sure they are 1) new, 2) stretch marks?
  • KatherinValerino
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

What?

Yes they are new, because they are red and I realized they weren't there before. Last night I read that they appear when you gain or loose weight very fast. Because of some hormone that gives you collagens or something and if you are lack of it that happens. It appears that i have to start taking vitamin A and C and E to help my skin elasticity and collagen . So I'm much more relieved because I thought i was gaining even on diet but turns out it appears when u loose weight too fast too. I wish I haven't weight myself but i feel like i have lost weight not gained.
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My stretch marks from my pregnancy seemed to appear after I lost weight. They were there previously but were more obvious after I lost the weight.
  • KatherinValerino
    Options
    I would like to know if that had happened to anyone the stretch marks when loosing weight. Because honestly I'm concerned Im going as soon as possible to the drugstore to buy those vitamins cause I can't believe that this is starting to happend now that I am not eating almost anything my diet is 1200 calories per day so. Obviously don't think im gaining or that would be weird. Anyway if u have some tips for preventing the stretch marks other that taking vitamins please tell me. Thank u
  • KatherinValerino
    Options
    BlackPup wrote: »
    My stretch marks from my pregnancy seemed to appear after I lost weight. They were there previously but were more obvious after I lost the weight.

No but mine like just appear , a few days back y notice the red lines like a wouNd or a scratch and when i looked closely they were stretch marks I'm putting a loot of cream but I think there's somenthing else i could do to prevent them from keep appearing. Besides the vitamins and creams there's nothing else ?
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    How does one stretch when losing weight AKA shrinking? These are complete opposite phenomenon.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It is more likely that the stretch marks were already there but became more apparent once the skin loosened a little. I didn't realize I had a couple stretch marks from my 2nd pregnancy until my stomach started deflating after the baby was born.

The only way I could see rapid weight loss causing stretch marks is if you have new loose hanging skin that is stretching downwards. Otherwise, the stretch marks you are seeing were already there.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    You do not get stretch marks from losing weight, nor does it have anything to do with hormones or vitamins. Its a scar from the stretching of your skin. They're not preventable or curable, and I'm sorry to be blunt, but if what you have are indeed stretch marks, they are not appearing as you lose weight. Sometimes teens get them simply from growing very quickly.
  • KatherinValerino
    Options
    hqk80ogpyjcj.jpg
    You do not get stretch marks from losing weight, nor does it have anything to do with hormones or vitamins. Its a scar from the stretching of your skin. They're not preventable or curable, and I'm sorry to be blunt, but if what you have are indeed stretch marks, they are not appearing as you lose weight. Sometimes teens get them simply from growing very quickly.

Darling I'm not a teenager. And I'm just saying what i read all night researching for this topic. It appears that yes you can get them while loosing weight. I leave u a piece of the article
  • KatherinValerino
    Options
    dmt4641 wrote: »
    It is more likely that the stretch marks were already there but became more apparent once the skin loosened a little. I didn't realize I had a couple stretch marks from my 2nd pregnancy until my stomach started deflating after the baby was born.

The only way I could see rapid weight loss causing stretch marks is if you have new loose hanging skin that is stretching downwards. Otherwise, the stretch marks you are seeing were already there.
    I understand that but if that was the case they wouldn't be red and just today another one formed in my hip. So i dont know im barely esting and always stay below the 1200cal daily. So if that's because of gaining weight then I'm totally lost. Diets and almost not eating don't do *kitten* on me
  • KatherinValerino
    edited August 2015
    Options

wcfhdrss9dn4.jpg
  • KatherinValerino
    Options
    thf86xqvxrt8.jpg
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    How does one stretch when losing weight AKA shrinking? These are complete opposite phenomenon.

• cpoty11
    cpoty11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am starting to get a lot of stretch marks. I have a ton on my thighs and breasts that were not noticeable before. I did some research and apparently when you skin stretches slowly, you might not see them develop. Now that I am losing weight at a way faster rate, the skin is becoming not stretch and the marks are appearing. The mark have been there from when I gained, but just becoming noticeable.

It makes me sad that I have these marks, but I kind of think of it as a good thing! You're becoming smaller!!
    Makes me upset that I let myself get the point of gaining so much weight that I created stretch marks for myself. But I would rather have marks then be over weight anyday!!
  • lpadancer
    lpadancer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that where I had normal looking stretch marks on my inner thighs and elsewhere, some became a darker/reddish color. I kind of wrote it off as healing skin and haven't paid a lot of attention to it since. Looking at it now, I think it has become less noticable and that has been as I've continued losing weight.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

What?

Yes they are new, because they are red and I realized they weren't there before. Last night I read that they appear when you gain or loose weight very fast. Because of some hormone that gives you collagens or something and if you are lack of it that happens. It appears that i have to start taking vitamin A and C and E to help my skin elasticity and collagen . So I'm much more relieved because I thought i was gaining even on diet but turns out it appears when u loose weight too fast too. I wish I haven't weight myself but i feel like i have lost weight not gained.

I'm confused. Are you weighing yourself? Are you losing weight rapidly?

Make sure you get enough protein, etc., like your article says.

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

That is cool, thanks for sharing :)
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Love the pop sugar article!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Its unlikely the vitamins will stop this happening. Just eat healthy and don't lose weight too fast. One pound a week is nice unless you are very obese then more is fine. However i believe stretch marks do happen from rapid weight gain, not rapid weight loss even if they become more visible when you are losing.

The thing is being very overweight does leave permanent signs on the body in one or more ways and the signs that you find on your own body are somewhat hereditary. For instance, i don't really have stretch marks but i do have loose skin and my boobs now sag and so on. You just have to get used to it and accept.