Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Burger King

coco_bee
coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
I felt like a treat last night so worked out my calories for the day so I could have this for dinner - what a shock when I saw double whopper with cheese is a whopping 1000 calories! and that's without the fries and drink. Just the one burger alone. I dont eat a lot of red meat so that would have given me a good boost of iron!

I enjoyed every.single.bite.

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Nothing wrong with that as long as it fits in with your calorie goals. :)
  • coco_bee
    oh I agree Eileen, I didnt think it was wrong, I was just shocked at how many calories in one (huge) burger :)
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    I bbq my own burgers way better and with the bun and all the toppings it hits about 600 calories easy
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Chili cheese burgers, om nom nom nom.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    I bbq my own burgers way better and with the bun and all the toppings it hits about 600 calories easy

Yep. My burgers are better than any restaurant burger I've had (especially fast food!), and half the calories or less.
  • coco_bee

Yep. My burgers are better than any restaurant burger I've had (especially fast food!), and half the calories or less.

Thank you all! and meganridenour I am going to purchase me a small indoor BBQ to make my own burgers, these 1000 calorie burgers from BK dont leave a lot of room for the rest of the day lol
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    ood for you by realising you cna still eat some of what you like just less of it or less frequently or you have to do the exercise to burn more. From time to time its worth the calories.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Glad you enjoyed it. I had a burger king burger week before last and it was a very disappointing affair. XL double cheese burger (with bacon of course) and small fries - 1337 cals.

It just seems to be overly fatty and stick to my throat on the way down.
  • dwan87
    dwan87 Posts: 4 Member
    I just had the original chicken from bk I feel so bad :/
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    dwan87 wrote: »
    I just had the original chicken from bk I feel so bad :/

because it's not really original, or debatable it's not really even chicken?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    coco_bee wrote: »

Thank you all! and meganridenour I am going to purchase me a small indoor BBQ to make my own burgers, these 1000 calorie burgers from BK dont leave a lot of room for the rest of the day lol

My George Foreman grill was the best purchase EVER.

We're having burgers tonight, prelogged it and it's going to come out at 400 calories with the toppings. Totally worth it and so much tastier.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    OMG i love burger king. really any cheeseburger! *sigh* :/
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Burgers with everything come to about 550 at home for me, but if you're craving BK, go for it! I think if I wanted it, I would bank some exercise cals a few days in advance so I could eat normally the rest of the day.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Glad you enjoyed it. I had a burger king burger week before last and it was a very disappointing affair. XL double cheese burger (with bacon of course) and small fries - 1337 cals.

It just seems to be overly fatty and stick to my throat on the way down.

Perhaps you're not taking the time to chew it properly before swallowing? ;)
    I thought you ate low carb, do you eat the bun along with the fries?