Replies

• TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Remarkable transformation. Congratulations!!
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Kim! I love that you can embrace the joy of being able to express yourself more fully now! That's the kind of victory that is hard to share in before and after photos but is such a wonderful part of getting healthy. Enjoy the music! You look beautiful!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I love
    Annr wrote: »
    kimcalica wrote: »
    Here's an interesting fact.. I've lost almost half my body weight.. I lost 137 and weigh 138 lol!!!

Great Job!! It was that evil twin part of you....awesome sauce!

I love this.. I still see her pop up sometimes tho
  • crgoakleaf
    crgoakleaf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • ttfnweight
    ttfnweight Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Does the thought of regaining scare you? Great awesome terrific! That's what you look like!
  • jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • gilliebee63
    gilliebee63 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, and so happy! Congrats!
  • kimcalica
    Options
    ttfnweight wrote: »
    Does the thought of regaining scare you? Great awesome terrific! That's what you look like!

I am so active now, that regaining doesn't really scare me. Plus I have a personal situation involving my son's disability that will make it pretty easy not to regain because I'll need to be very strict with his eating and activity. That's really what inspired me to do as well as I did.
  • jowa41
    jowa41 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    kimcalica wrote: »
    hope this works!

hi all! it took 5 years.. mainly the last 3 years of really hard work. what really worked for me, i think was focusing on creating energy and stamina through consistent work every day, in order to be able to keep working the next day. keeping tomorrow in mind every day! remembering what i eat today, will aid in my energy for tomorrow. like fuel for an engine.. do i want to feel good tomorrow? or do i want to feel lousy.. i tried not to think too far ahead. just tomorrow..

baoh2u5l702p.jpg

• jowa41
    jowa41 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my journey over today and Your story has encouraged me - great way to think of food.
  • Sunshine1337
    Sunshine1337 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and inspiring! Great post! Thanks for showing us your progress pics so we can see what's possible!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! That transformation must have taken a huge amount of dedication. Good for you! You look fantastic!
  • provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Fantastic and Inspiring! Great mindset! Thanks for posting.
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on all the hard work.
  • _Butterflies_And_Chaos_
    Options
    I love your mantra of just focusing on tomorrow... great tip! :) What an incredible transformation.... you look amazing!!
  • kimcalica
    Options
    jowa41 wrote: »
    I'm starting my journey over today and Your story has encouraged me - great way to think of food.

I'm so happy to be a help to you! I was such a psychological mess before! The most important part of this whole thing isn't to never mess up, but to know how to keep going after you do! Enjoying life is so important during the journey! It's gonna take years!! Can't go that long without having fun!! Make it all as fun as you can! Find out how to enjoy activity and how to eat the most and yummiest for the least amount.. It's really all about educating yourself in order to be happier.. The more you know... The better it will be!!!
  • kimcalica
    Options
    That's y I love MFP so much!! It's really just one big educational experience. It shows you what you eat not what to eat.. And if you look at everything, macros and all, you figure out through trial and error, what works for you.. And then how much exercise you need to burn it.. But most important!!!! Be so honest!!!!!! Never short change yourself by putting more exercise than you really did, or less food than you really ate... It only hurts you.. It took a long time before I truly did that.. But when I did, that's when I really started seeing the results
  • Caroledeegee
    Caroledeegee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful way to think about it. Thank you for your post and you look fantastic. Truly inspirational! ☺
  • kimcalica
    Options
    Since I've started balancing my macros properly, using MFP, I've really felt amazing.. And I can actually feel in my body, when I eat too much sugar or fat.. I'm sleepier in the morning, and I'm actually less enthusiastic to work out.. It's been a very interesting experiment. So if I know I need energy tomorrow, I make sure to watch my sugars and fats and get enough protein, and then I feel great the next day.. Remember that next time u go on vacation where u have to do a lot of physical activity! But it's kind of a pain that on vacation, there is so many tempting sugary and fatty foods!!! Ugh! Lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!