Losing weight for Ivf

Options
So basically I'm trying to lose 40-50lbs before doing Ivf to maximize our chances of success. My husband had cancer at 20, is now 29 and healthy but is infertile. He saved some "product" before treatment but it's limited so we have 2 chances at Ivf. I gained weight after a cracked ankle and emotional eating. I'm struggling to lose it but I have a great prize at the end of the tunnel

Replies

• judikahler
    judikahler Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    LaurenStepney,
    So basically I'm trying to lose 40-50lbs before doing Ivf to maximize our chances of success. My husband had cancer at 20, is now 29 and healthy but is infertile. He saved some "product" before treatment but it's limited so we have 2 chances at Ivf. I gained weight after a cracked ankle and emotional eating. I'm struggling to lose it but I have a great prize at the end of the tunnel

I want to encourage you that there is hope! I struggled for almost 3 years to get pregnant with our first son and one year (which is normal time frame) with our second son. It was not discovered until years later that I have PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome) which greatly affected my cycles. I was a normal weight prior to my first pregnancy but then put on 50 lbs with it. I found it difficult to lose but did end up losing most of it before my second pregnancy 8 years later. Years later, I now have an almost 2 year old grandson!

Have you thought about how you are going to change your eating and exercise habits to lose the weight? I'd love to help you!
  • LaVidaDeNiki
    LaVidaDeNiki Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey, I work in IVF. I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss goals and hope you do well with IVF!
  • LaurenStepney
    LaurenStepney Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    judikahler wrote: »
    LaurenStepney,

I want to encourage you that there is hope! I struggled for almost 3 years to get pregnant with our first son and one year (which is normal time frame) with our second son. It was not discovered until years later that I have PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome) which greatly affected my cycles. I was a normal weight prior to my first pregnancy but then put on 50 lbs with it. I found it difficult to lose but did end up losing most of it before my second pregnancy 8 years later. Years later, I now have an almost 2 year old grandson!

Have you thought about how you are going to change your eating and exercise habits to lose the weight? I'd love to help you!

I'm counting calories and lifting weights at the gym, only hit this weight 2 years ago after cracking an ankle bone and having a hell of a time losing it
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Best wishes and we know the stress and $$$ that can be associated with IVF.

Do you have a time window you are shooting to try IVF?
  • LaurenStepney
    Options
    Best wishes and we know the stress and $$$ that can be associated with IVF.

Do you have a time window you are shooting to try IVF?

I'm hoping to do it in December or January of this year
  • SnowballsMom805
    SnowballsMom805 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm too poor for Ivf but still wanna lose weight for endometriosis! I'll support you! Let's stay in touch! Best of luck getting pregnant
  • AimeesFitness
    AimeesFitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for you! High five!
  • LaurenStepney
    Options
    Hey I'm too poor for Ivf but still wanna lose weight for endometriosis! I'll support you! Let's stay in touch! Best of luck getting pregnant

It's taking us awhile to save and we are still doing a small loan for part of it. Good luck to you too, praying this time it takes.

• SnowballsMom805
    SnowballsMom805 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Anyone interested in a exercise and weight loss for fertility challenge
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm wishing you the best of luck for both your weight loss goals and your IVF. A positive mind can go a long, long way so sending you good vibes too :]