rauraelizabeth
rauraelizabeth Posts: 3 Member
I'm trying to loose weight while gaining muscle

Replies

• aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It is impossible to lose mass while gaining mass. To gain muscle, you need to train heavily and eat at a surplus. Then you do a cut to lose the fat you accumulated during the bulk.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If your profile ticker is correct, you're 5 pounds from your goal weight, you may want to increase calories (to maintenance) and try to recomp (loss fat, gain muscle, stay about the same weight.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
    It is possible to lose mass (fat) and gain mass (muscle), it's just slower than bulk/cut cycles.
    Not sure why you are looking for high protein recipes though. You generally want more protein while in a calorie deficit in an attempt to preserve muscle while losing weight.
  • blaqaflocka
    blaqaflocka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ultimate diet 2.0 man
  • rauraelizabeth
    rauraelizabeth Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Ok thanks for the advice but I guess I'm trying to loose more weight then it says so id stay in a calorie deficit for a while. But I guess I also want to eventually get more muscle but maybe that's something for after I get to my goal weight?
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    aledba wrote: »
    It is impossible to lose mass while gaining mass. To gain muscle, you need to train heavily and eat at a surplus. Then you do a cut to lose the fat you accumulated during the bulk.

Has there ever been a study on this because everyone preaches it but I think it's *kitten*. I don't think it's impossible to do both at the same time. I'm not calming to have done both but I believe it can be done.
  • RhodeWarrior401
    RhodeWarrior401 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    tuna made with non fat plain greek yogurt instead of mayo
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    tuna made with non fat plain greek yogurt instead of mayo

That sounds absolutely disgusting but I'm intrigued to try it
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Beef Enchilada Quinoa Bake

yield: 8 (1 CUP) SERVINGS

INGREDIENTS:
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
    ¼ teaspoon onion powder
    ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    ¼ teaspoon oregano
    ½ teaspoon paprika
    1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1.25 lb 95% lean ground beef
    3 cups cooked quinoa
    1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
    1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
    2 (10 oz) cans red enchilada sauce
    ½ cup fat free sour cream
    4 oz (about 1 cup shredded) shredded 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar, divided
    Optional toppings (not included in nutrition calculations): scallions, cilantro, black olives, avocado, sour cream, guacamole, peppers, etc.

DIRECTIONS:
    Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
    Combine the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a dish and stir together to make your own taco seasoning. Set aside.
    Bring a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef. Cook while breaking up with a wooden spoon until beef is completely browned and broken into small pieces. Drain grease from the pan. Add the taco seasoning from step 2 and stir together until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and add the quinoa, corn and black beans. Stir until well combined. Add the enchilada sauce, sour cream and 2 ounces (half) of the shredded cheddar and stir until thoroughly combined.
    Transfer the contents of the mixing bowl to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining 2 ounces of cheese over the top. Bake for 35 minutes until the bake is bubbly and heated throughout and the cheese is melted.

NUTRITION INFORMATION:
    317 calories, 32 g carbs, 9 g fat, 27 g protein, 6 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)