What is your experience with wraps?

Options
I have heard that wraps help the skin bounce back after weight loss. I am curious to know who has tried it and for how long? Did it work? What methods did you use? Did you use lotion or oils or nothing to moisten the skin.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Lolnope.jpg SCAM ALERT
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No, wraps will not add elastin to your skin. Neither will crams, oils, bizarre brushes or beads.

Don't give your money to people who lie and try to scam you!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Wow, glad to know there are so many trolls on here.
    No trolls...they are telling you its a scam and does not work.

• Miaslifejourney
    Miaslifejourney Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ok, thank you. I've been seeing them a lot lately so I thought maybe they worked. I haven't tried them, only curious. And no, I wasn't pushing a scam. I didn't say they did work, I asked if it worked.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Wow, glad to know there are so many trolls on here.

There are no trolls in this conversation. Since you don't see the humor, I am going to get serious here.

Body wraps are a fad and a waste of good earned money as to weight loss. However, if you like how they make you feel, go for it. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have heard that wraps help the skin bounce back after weight loss. I am curious to know who has tried it and for how long? Did it work? What methods did you use? Did you use lotion or oils or nothing to moisten the skin.

Food wraps good. Hand wraps good for boxing.

Wrapping yourself in saran wrap = no good. I would say however if I had an extra special event and want some very temporary results just for that one evening I'd maybe consider them. Depending on the cost.

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I lived in Japan for a while many eons ago. Japanese ladies would wrap their bodies in cellophane then sit in the saunas. 1# they looked like a body of leftovers... and 2# once they drink some liquids they would gain most of the inches lost. It was a humorous visual I tell you!!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    spanx are good if fitting into something slinky
  • Annr
    Options
    I take offense in being called a Troll. I was adding humor. You give us a name that is "food like" and you expect us to chat about the non version side of it? Maybe starting the thread with a body wrap question would have been better. Just my opinion...(which really doesn't account for squat really) :smiley:
  • Annr
    Options
    sweet. Losing weight isn't the key to happiness....Happiness is the key to losing weight! dontchaknow.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    sweet. Losing weight isn't the key to happiness....Happiness is the key to losing weight! dontchaknow.

i like you
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    yeps me too lol
  • Joy_Jenkins
    Joy_Jenkins Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Buyer beware. I know it's all the rage now and even have all kinds of product. I find it funny that I did wraps at a beauty place in 1986! Seriously lost money before inches.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Annr wrote: »

i like you

Mreeee toooooo!
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i have been seeing them on FB a lot too!!! the photos look good, but when it comes to weight lost product i know its a scam. they make it all sound so good, too good that you know it cant be true!
    everyday i see stay at home mums selling allsorts of weight lost products and getting you to sell them too.
    i am looking forward to the day when i reach my goal weight so i can post a before and after photo's of me. with how i did it for FREE. No money No selling 100% natural All ME

I am loving MFP!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Tell her its a scam, doesn't work, etc.. but let's not pile on about food wraps without actually answering her (spilt off those posts) when we know that isn't what she is asking about.
  • yangt41
    yangt41 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use the McDavid belt wrap (Can be found on Amazon). Of course it doesn't help with bouncing skin back to normal like people claim but it does help you sweat. Like a lot. So if you're looking to lose massive amounts of water weight then it can be of use. I just wear it over my high waisted sweat pants just so it doesn't fall when I go jogging (I can't stand having to pull it up every few minutes!). And the wrap works great to hold everything snuggly in so you're not bouncing everywhere lol. Works wonders! :smiley:
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    yangt41 wrote: »
    I use the McDavid belt wrap (Can be found on Amazon). Of course it doesn't help with bouncing skin back to normal like people claim but it does help you sweat. Like a lot. So if you're looking to lose massive amounts of water weight then it can be of use. I just wear it over my high waisted sweat pants just so it doesn't fall when I go jogging (I can't stand having to pull it up every few minutes!). And the wrap works great to hold everything snuggly in so you're not bouncing everywhere lol. Works wonders! :smiley:

And after the sweating you have to drink a lot because your muscle need to repair...they hold the water again
    So money throw away