Good foods to lose those last 10-15lbs?

Options
Hi everyone. I currently weigh 137.8lbs and I basically only need to lose 10-15lbs to be at that healthy weight for my size according to my doctor. I'm 5'2" ( kinda short ) my main trouble area is my stomach and I know my diet has a lot to do with it. So I was just wondering if anyone knows any good foods to help get rid of the hard belly fat/ water retention. I will say I do drink at least 8 cups of water everyday, I have always eaten foods that are supposed to help you lose belly fat but I haven't seen much of a change. I've eat avocados, eggs, nuts, spinach, pineapple, apples ect. Maybe I'm not getting enough though? Someone please help because it's sorta stressing me out...and stress only makes things worse...:/ thank you!

Replies

• jhass80
    jhass80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Eat 5 times.a day. Two fruits one vegetable and two lean meats about the size of your fist. You will lose those last lbs quickly.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    How much saturated fat are you having per day?
    I started limiting mine to 5 grams of saturated fat per day and lost weight.
    I had no idea I was eating so much saturated fat.
    I was drowning spinach in cheese.
    I lots of Kale medley salads now.

Reducing saturated fat does not make you lose weight... eliminating certain things from the diet does not make you lose weight.

A caloric deficit is needed for weight loss.
    jhass80 wrote: »
    Eat 5 times.a day. Two fruits one vegetable and two lean meats about the size of your fist. You will lose those last lbs quickly.

No need for 5 times a day really... and just count calories - is it that hard? It literally takes up 1 minute of the day... there is 1440 of those.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    The type of food you pick has nothing to do with losing weight.

To lose weight , all you need is a calorie deficit.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    How much saturated fat are you having per day?
    I started limiting mine to 5 grams of saturated fat per day and lost weight.
    I had no idea I was eating so much saturated fat.
    I was drowning spinach in cheese.
    I lots of Kale medley salads now.

Reducing saturated fat does not make you lose weight... eliminating certain things from the diet does not make you lose weight.

It worked for me ! In just 2 weeks. That's why everyone has to try different things.
    I was eating 20 grams of saturated fat per day !!!!

I average well more than 20g per day and have no issues with managing weight. ..
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Specific foods will not help you lose in certain areas on your body. A calorie deficit helps you lose.

Set your goal to 0.5lbs per week and eat your calories. Try to avoid processed foods and keep exercising.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Find 2 very heavy and large watermonelons; carry them everywhere. Eat at a mild deficit to your needs and weight loss shall follow. If you carry two basil leaves do you think it has the same impact?!? Srs, not srs, srs.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    ..., I have always eaten foods that are supposed to help you lose belly fat but I haven't seen much of a change. I've eat[en] avocados, eggs, nuts, spinach, pineapple, apples ect.

There's no such thing as "foods that help you lose belly fat".
    CI<CO.
    If your calories in are fewer than your caloric expenditure, you'll lose weight.
    Count your calories, exercise and the weight will come off.
    It's really quite simple but not quite as easy to do...
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I currently weigh 137.8lbs and I basically only need to lose 10-15lbs to be at that healthy weight for my size according to my doctor. I'm 5'2" ( kinda short ) my main trouble area is my stomach and I know my diet has a lot to do with it. So I was just wondering if anyone knows any good foods to help get rid of the hard belly fat/ water retention. I will say I do drink at least 8 cups of water everyday, I have always eaten foods that are supposed to help you lose belly fat but I haven't seen much of a change. I've eat avocados, eggs, nuts, spinach, pineapple, apples ect. Maybe I'm not getting enough though? Someone please help because it's sorta stressing me out...and stress only makes things worse...:/ thank you!

You can't spot-reduce fat. Start heavy lifting for body recomp as you lose the last few pounds. It will change the way your body looks.
    Your question about not getting enough makes no sense, not eating enough would make you lose more weight. If you aren't losing any weight at all, buy a food scale and weigh your foods to be sure you are accurate on your calorie counts. Inaccuracy in calorie counting is the cause when weight is not coming off. If you aren't losing weight, you're eating too much.