TMI Warning: Poo Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are eating lots of carbs, some fruit and very little green veg. Try easing up on the red meat and eating as much fruit and vegetable as possible along with the water. If you try and limit your dairy and wheat based products along with increased fruit and veg you may prevent this from happening again in the future. if that doesn't help try adding Yogi's detox tea once a day .
  • milaxx
    Options
    For future reference, this is what the dr. told me is constipating (which i didn't know some of this!)

Constiptating:
    Any kind of rice
    Bread / Crackers (even if it's whole grain!)
    Cheese / Dairy products (except yogurt)
    Any Potatoes other than Sweet Potatoes

NOT Constipating:
    Things that HELP (but need to be eaten with plenty of non-carbonated water for them to help!)
    Apples with skin (and with 2 glasses of water)
    Pears with skin (and with 2 glasses of water)
    1 Cup Raspberries (with 4 glasses of water)
    Nectarine (with 2 glasses of water)

Any of the following with 2 glasses of water:
    Artichokes
    Spinach
    Corn
    Peas
    Squash
    Broccoli
    Carrots
    Sweet Potatoes

Oatmeal or Raisin Bran followed by 3 glasses of water
    1 Cup of Beans followed by 3 or 4 glasses of water
    Handful of Nuts or Popcorn with 2 glasses of water

Decrease any coffee, tea (except chamomile), ice tea, soda, alcohol, pasta, rice, bread, potatoes, cheese, and dairy with the exception of yogurt.

Also, you (EVERYONE) should be using a fiber POWDER product daily (Citrucel doesn't cause bloating or cramping). The non powder forms (like the pills and things) don't absorb the same or work as well. The fiber powder needs to be followed with 2-3 glasses of water. If necessary stool softeners can be used, but store bought laxatives really aren't good for you..

I know it seems like a lot.. but it really helps a lot. And once you learn it, it becomes a habit and no longer a hassle.

Good luck!

I eat pretty much all of this except for the fiber powder. I have never been constipated in my life. I poo anywhere from 2 -4 times a day. Before joining MFP it was 1 - 2 times a day. (I'm vegetarian)
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have that issue I drink lots of coffee or apple juice.... They both run right thru me. hahaha
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are eating lots of carbs, some fruit and very little green veg. Try easing up on the red meat and eating as much fruit and vegetable as possible along with the water. If you try and limit your dairy and wheat based products along with increased fruit and veg you may prevent this from happening again in the future. if that doesn't help try adding Yogi's detox tea once a day .

I'm veggie/vegan so I eat NO meat. I tend to eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day, and 3-5 servings of veggies per day. I do a lot of carbs, but, they don't bother me. Dairy has been my biggest hang-up, and I know its the dairy thats causing the back up.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Also, you (EVERYONE) should be using a fiber POWDER product daily (Citrucel doesn't cause bloating or cramping). The non powder forms (like the pills and things) don't absorb the same or work as well. The fiber powder needs to be followed with 2-3 glasses of water. If necessary stool softeners can be used, but store bought laxatives really aren't good for you..

Good luck!

I had a horrible time with bloating wtih Citrucel :( I felt like I was watching my belly expand like a balloon it was so bad ...
  • kissandxmakeup
    Options
    I was having the same problem once I started eating right (which seems backwards to me lol)! I add a scoop of Benefiber everyday to my cereal or yogurt or any drink. It's completely tasteless and it seems to help a lot. For instant relief...as silly as it sounds, a nice big cup of coffee will usually do the trick! :)
  • CookieCatCatcher
    Options
    Well, I chugged a cup of coffee, 4 glasses of water, and took the Phillips.

Since this is only a VERY occasional thing for me, I don't see the point in changing up my pretty darn healthy diet (DAMN YOU DAIRY!) thats giving me good results as far as weight loss and being a veggie goes.

I will report back and let you know how it goes. LOL. The bottle said it should work in about half an hour!

I really just needed a quick fix and was wondering if anyone had tried Phillips before...

But thank you everyone for the thoughtful responses. :flowerforyou:
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I didn't go for a few days last week but I just took note of how much fibre I was getting and by the weekend I was like a tube of toothpaste....
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i dont mind the poop talk :) i work in health care,but i know what you mean.i have a bladder condition so i take pills for over active bladder and it makes me not go.i took magnesium citrate and it helped me go.and it didnt make me rush to the bathroom
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    dairy is OK. sounds like your diet is pretty healthy. make sure you're consuming enough water with your fruit & veggies...

hope everything goes well!
  • Pookie1963
    Options
    take a shot glass, half milk of magnesia, half prune juice, heat it till just warm in the microwave...nastiest stuff you ever tasted but it will without a doubt clear ya out
  • drosario1204
    Options
    Prune juice and lots of fiber should help you
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I used to have to give it to my son and he never had problems taking it. I would recommend Miralax if you have it. It always worked faster for him.
  • justcallmejennifer
    justcallmejennifer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain ! I just went through this. Before the diet I could go daily and now it is hardly ever. More garbage in more garbage out I guess. I got a bottle of magnesium citrate and drank that with lots of water and had great results.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    That is what my dr recommended in January to counteract the effect of the painkillers I was on when I had my tonsils out. I didn't have any problems with it. But the painkillers were pretty good so maybe I didn't notice any problems.

I really like Traditional Medicinals Smooth Move, the regular one, not the chocolate.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    Options
    Well, I took 2 tbsp, the lowest dose - and had some VERY light cramping - not even cramping , just, movement? :huh: Don't really know how to explain that any better. No results yet, and its been 5 hours. I've also eaten dinner, my evening snack, and had 6 glasses of water, some Flaxseed Oil caplets, and my vitamins. Still nothing. I was going to try the full dose in the morning, but- I have an oil change at 9:30, and I don't want the "poopies" to strike while I'm there. So, it's going to have to wait another day... Crap. :laugh:

Hopefully, I'll have better news in the morning... After all of this water, I had better!

I bet I'll lose 10 pounds after this! :embarassed:
  • milaxx
    Options
    i dont mind the poop talk :) i work in health care,but i know what you mean.i have a bladder condition so i take pills for over active bladder and it makes me not go.i took magnesium citrate and it helped me go.and it didnt make me rush to the bathroom
    I have an overactive bladder as well My meds have never made me constipated. What are you on if I may ask?
  • milaxx
    Options

I'm veggie/vegan so I eat NO meat. I tend to eat 2-3 servings of fruit per day, and 3-5 servings of veggies per day. I do a lot of carbs, but, they don't bother me. Dairy has been my biggest hang-up, and I know its the dairy thats causing the back up.
    I'm vegetarian. I didn't know what the "steak" thing was. Since your veggie my guess is the dairy and gluten. Cut back on those, and see if that helps.

My diary is public. Like I said, I go easily 2 -4 times a day.