Morbidly Obese to Overweight! (With Pictures)

Options
IammeCA
IammeCA Posts: 63 Member
About 2 1/2 years ago I was riding in an ambulance with a heart attack (the EMTs later told me they didn't think I'd make it). If someone had told me then that quitting smoking would be easier than losing weight I would have laughed at them, but I haven't had a cigarette since that day.

Last November I tipped the BMI over 40. I was also noticing that daily tasks like tying my shoe laces was getting difficult. I decided that I didn't want to be that guy riding a scooter everywhere because their knees were shot and they couldn't carry their own weight. So I got a Fitbit and a month later discovered MFP.

d3upc3srvvl9.jpg
xob4w8t5swws.jpg

This morning my BMI dipped to 29.8. I am now officially overweight and rid of that awful word obese! 80 lbs down 45 to go.

y9ua7bmstyid.jpg
t8p805ekuzwx.jpg

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nice!! And the Fitbit is great motivator :) You've got this!!
  • SurelyShannon
    SurelyShannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! Great job!!
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the work!

Are you planning on keeping the excess skin as a battle scar, or looking into having it removed at some point?
  • BethAnnRichmond
    BethAnnRichmond Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!!!! Are you doing a lot of walking and/or a different type of exercise?
  • Nella1982
    Nella1982 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • IammeCA
    IammeCA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the work!

Are you planning on keeping the excess skin as a battle scar, or looking into having it removed at some point?
    I have one of those body types where the belly fat is first on last off. I'm hoping there really won't be that much when I'm done. In any case I want to wait until I make my goal to decide.
    FANTASTIC!!!!!! Are you doing a lot of walking and/or a different type of exercise?
    I am walking 12,500 steps a day and about a month ago started a couch to 5k program. Mid October will be my first 5k run.
  • psalm6932
    psalm6932 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    IammeCA wrote: »
    Congrats on the work!

I have one of those body types where the belly fat is first on last off. I'm hoping there really won't be that much when I'm done. In any case I want to wait until I make my goal to decide.

Regardless, congrats on the huge milestones you've hit already :)
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    yeiiii congrats, you look great!!
  • _Butterflies_And_Chaos_
    Options
    Way to go!! :+1:
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Inspirational!
  • Chava42
    Chava42 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an achievement! :)
  • maureented
    maureented Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! You rock.
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Great job with the weight loss!
    IammeCA wrote: »
    I am walking 12,500 steps a day and about a month ago started a couch to 5k program. Mid October will be my first 5k run.

Awesome! :)

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss ....Congrats :smiley:
  • AlicesGrandma
    AlicesGrandma Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You should be proud!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!