Do you take vitamins?

Options
I started when I started this.
I call it insurance.
For one, I knew I was not getting enough calcium.
The 50% the vitamin offers gives me peace of mind.
I take a multi, fish oil, vitamin c, and ginkgo (for my ringing in the ears -I'm old).
Sometimes I take zinc when the ringing gets too bad.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Have you not gone to a doctor to see if it's Tinnitus? I've had it for as long as I can remember and I thought everyone could hear it... yours could be anything, I'm not an M,D. so I can't really say anything :)

I do not take any multivitamins or fish oils... but I've been looking into it.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i take ALIVE vitamins, cinnamon capsules, Omega-3, and garlic tablets.
  • GSixZero
    GSixZero Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I take Orange Triad from Controlled Labs.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I take fish oil (has really helped keep my skin clear, obviously in combination with other stuff), as well as a probiotic and a magnesium supplement.

I don't take a catch-all multivitamin, though, and never have lol.

~Lyssa
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    The thread title is. "Do you take vitamins?"

No.

Maybe I should take a multi-vitamin, but I've seen so much ridiculous hype of all types of supplements of the years that I'm predisposed against them.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I just take 1000 mg D3 cause my doc did a blood test and said I need it and 400 mg magnesium citrate for anxiety and regularity-works great!
    Other than those two I eat a very balanced diet so I get everything else I need through food.
  • Madame_Goldbrick
    Madame_Goldbrick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Multi vit, fish oil, Vit C, Chromium
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Medically ordered. I take a multivitamin that contains folic acid, therapeutic iron, calcium and vitamin D.

On my own I take Black Cohosh for menopausal symptoms and Glucosamine for my running.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I eat my nutrients. Multivitamins are pointless if you don't have a deficiency and if you don't know how your body processes vitamins.
  • Madame_Goldbrick
    Options
    My diet is pretty crappy. Hence I take multi vit's. Yay for me!
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    My diet is pretty crappy. Hence I take multi vit's. Yay for me!

Have you had tests done that show you are deficient?
  • Madame_Goldbrick
    Options
    Nope!
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    Nope!

So how do you know you need them? And how do you know your body is even absorbing them? Seems like a waste of money.
  • Madame_Goldbrick
    Options
    I don't know I need them. It's probably completely a placebo effect. It makes me feel better. To my mind that's PRICELESS! ;)
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I take Berocca and a fish oil tablet daily
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I take vitamin D, was tested for it and dr said I had a deficiency in vitamin D and I take a multivitamin for her, hair,nail and skin vitamins and a cranberry supplement.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I only have a prescribed vitamin D supplement. My endo tested me a year or so ago, and I was severely deficient (which makes sense, because T1DM and vitamin D deficiency tend to go hand-in-hand).

I've been keeping a close eye on my micro intake, and I'm debating whether to take a small multivitamin to help me meet my calcium and iron goals (I tend to be 50% under on both). Then again, it would be cheaper for me to crush up half a serving of total cereal and throw it into my yogurt.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I take a lot of supplements for a spinal and bone problem I have, I do have multi vitamins but only take one now and again if my iron has been low in my diet for a few days.
  • oneluckiegirl
    oneluckiegirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nope.